Thread: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD or creative recon3d pcie

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD or creative recon3d pcie

I came here to get advice from the users of this particular forum. Well should keep titanium HD or select Recon 3D. personally I am really happy with Titanium HD. However it is not having support for 5.1. I used to play game and making use of the headphones and speakers. The main reason to change the same is that I am having blue screen with the card. right now I am using PAX drivers and system was crashed. I wanted to get great sound precision which I had with XP and my X-Fi XtremeMusic. I am aware of that windows 7 is not having t DirectSound but Recon3D would give us great surround sound experience while playing video game on Windows 7.

Re: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD or creative recon3d pcie

Well in this particular situation I wanted to make you aware of that Recon 3D is simply replacement for the Xtreme audio and audigy se.

But it is quite expensive however in terms of price it is simply replacement for the current version of Titanium. I can understand that it is available newly in the market so it is likely to be expensive. However it seems to be same as that of Realtek chip. Most of the things X-Fi is doing into the hardware where as Core3D is doing into the software.

The e Core3d is having capability to handle in the hardware. I let you know that most of the voice and microphone and other DSP options are also handled by the hardware itself. I don’t think so onboard sound card will have any headphone amplifier.

I think you are taking the entire thing into the wrong direction. Each and everything is coming into the software. Alchemy is simply going into the ‘using creative software 3d library’ mode. OpenAL are having supported through Host OpenAL software renderer. rest of all the effects are done through the THX for the system sounds and ClearVoice are being processed by the APO library. Also Realtek codecs are having integrated headphone amplifier. Recon3D PCIe is having 5.1 codec CA0132 and HDA bus controller CA0113 should be attached with bus controller. X-Fi MB2 software mixing as well as effects engine making the entire thing awesome.

The thing DSP mode has been based on the hardware rather than that of software. However if you are looking to run OpenAL caps viewer for both 32bit and 64bit modes then those things are also supported by the hardware. OpenAL is having support for the Host OpenAL which would be done with the software. However you might get crappy sound . Core3D chip is going to do everything with this particular chip.

As far as I know Recon3D is having DSP which is having pre-programmed functions fir both of them are as follow. THX TruStudio and CrystalVoice. This particular card are not quad-core at though there is original SB Live. You will be able to process many of the sound effects at the give moment of the time. The design is based on CA0110 PCI Express HD Audio controller and having embedded DSP and integrated DAC. EAX is software based and it can be supported through the OpenAL. Any Pre-programmed DSP which is having lots of sound effects which you cannot find out the car as well as home theater.

This particular device is going to provide less compatibility issues and using simple codec drivers. It is having - Dedicated Headphone amplifier. It is providing Hardware accelerated THX TruStudio. Also one can have Microphone enhancements by CrystalVoice. The main disadvantage is that it is overpriced. It is giving really average sound quality and there is no HDMI connector has been provided.

It is concerned with Windows API rather than that of sound card. Microsoft has been deleted HAL which can be used by HW ACC. So far there is no particular solution available to fix the same. If you are using windows 7 or Windows Vista usage of HW ACC seems to be impossible. Windows 8 sound engine is having HAL but I don’t think so it would be compatible with old version of Directsound.