Thread: Sony Vaio VPCSB keeps on freezing on windows 7 x64 pro

Sony Vaio VPCSB keeps on freezing on windows 7 x64 pro

I am using a Sony Vaio VPCSB that is running on Windows 7 64bit edition. When ever I open small things like a document or anything else then the laptop will freeze randomly. I have checked that the hard drive light stays on orange but the screen freezes. I am not able to move the mouse also. I dont know what could be the issue with this laptop, so if you know any fix then please let us know.

Re: Sony Vaio VPCSB keeps on freezing on windows 7 x64 pro

Well, it might be a RAM problem, so try to run the memtest86 tool at night till morning and see if it produces any error. If there is any problem with the memory then you might need to replace the RAM and see if that helps. Can you also check in the event logs to see what all problems are listed there and with such information we might know the cause of the problem.

Re: Sony Vaio VPCSB keeps on freezing on windows 7 x64 pro

Can you check the temperature of your laptop and see whether the laptop is not overheating or such. You can try to run different temp monitoring software and check the temp of your laptop. If it is rising above 72 degree celcius then you sure have a heating problem. You should try to clean the inside of the laptop which might be having dust settled on different components and also use thermal paste on the CPU.

Even I had the same issue on this same laptop that I was using. I was getting this issue only when the laptop was not able to detect local network adapter. The problem doesnt seem to be with drivers or software. It is actually a problem with the hardware, that some the LAN is detected and not. So to solve this issue, diable the LAN option completely in BIOS.