Thread: Does Android 2.3 Gingerbread or 3.0 Honeycomb planned for Creative ZiiO 7”?

Does Android 2.3 Gingerbread or 3.0 Honeycomb planned for Creative ZiiO 7”?

will I get firmware update for Creative ZiiO 7" in terms of latest version of Android OS? Currently it is having Android 2.2 Froyo which is bit outdated as compared to the current android devices available in the market. let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter.

Re: Does Android 2.3 Gingerbread or 3.0 Honeycomb planned for Creative ZiiO 7”?

As far as I know they are working for Android 2.3 but so far there is no information available regarding Android 3.2.

Well I don’t agree with you. so far they are not planning to provide Android 2.3 on this particular tablet. Even I tried to contact the Customer Support but they were not able to confirm the information until and unless there will not be any actual update available in the market. if you are wanted to purchase the device on the basis of this particular device then I recommend to wait till there is actual information is available.

I think there is need of android 2.3 as when I am trying to install many of the apps which is asking for Android 2.2. so far the developers has not made any announcement so I recommend that you should check press releases as well as download pages for the updates.

Personally I will be really surprised if they are going to release firmware update other than Android 2.2. according to me Creative tablets are going to be discontinued in near future. I noticed that you will need to pay 249,99 Euros for ZiiO 10 at European Creative Store but as per the latest updates it has been sold for 159,99 Euros. Even there is no update is available for the same. even I don’t think so creative is planning to provide any future update for this particular device at all.

Recently they had released an update on February, 3rd 2012 for this particular device. However it was Froyo with having some bug fixes on the same. so there was nothing new for this particular device.

All the users who are looking to get the latest version of Android OS should contact manufacturer and request about the same. if they are going to get enough amount of the request about the same then I am sure that they will take serious action about the same.