Thread: Not able to install Windows 7 64Bit in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

Not able to install Windows 7 64Bit in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and it came preinstalled with windows 7 32bit but then now I am willing to install 64bit. Laptop and the problem here is that it is not booting from the install disk and restarting normally. I have checked out the Boot order and have made sure that it is set to cd/dvd rom but then I don’t know what’s wrong, is there anyone who can help me out here?

Re: Not able to install Windows 7 64Bit in Lenovo ThinkPad T400

I have been using Lenovo ThinkPad T400 and it came preinstalled with windows 7 32bit but then now I am willing to install 64bit. Laptop and the problem here is that it is not booting from the install disk and restarting normally. I have checked out the Boot order and have made sure that it is set to cd/dvd rom but then I don’t know what’s wrong, is there anyone who can help me out here?
    If you have set the boot order correctly then there should not be any such issue until the disk is faulty, so first make sure that it’s not by checking it out on some other machine as well, if the disk is fine then you can try to shutdown cold from a clean boot and then try to boot the disk and see if it is making any difference, if even that does not helps then update the bios and see if it helps. Just check out these things and then let me know the response you get for the same.

I have tried booting the disk from cold boot but then it is not making any difference, I have checked out the disk on other machine and it is working fine there so I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the disk, I have tried updating the bios as well but then even it did not helped, I also wanted to share that I am able to hear the disk spinning sound but then I don’t know why the computer is booting to the login screen, is there anything else that I can try out here??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated,

If you want then you can try to install Windows 7 64Bit using an external hard drive via wintoflash or you can also use an usb key for the same as well I don’t think that you will have any issue with them. Just try it out and then let me know if they are helping.