Thread: When can next Lenovo ThinkPad X series tablet be available?

When can next Lenovo ThinkPad X series tablet be available?

I am fan of Lenovo ThinkPad and waiting for the next ThinkPad X series tablet to be available. Do you think that they are waiting for the windows 8 to be released and they will release their product with Windows 8 installed. This is just a guess. I want to get a new laptop for my college that is starting from October. Can you recommend me to get the Lenovo ThinkPad X220 Tablet or be with the Lenovo Thinkpad x201t only? I really need a good suggestion for this. If you have something helpful then please post that over here.

Re: When can next Lenovo ThinkPad X series tablet be available?

October is too far my friend. There are more chances that you will get that before the month of October. There are many of the people who are waiting for the same and I am sure that they will not delay much to release their product.

As far as Windows 8 is concerned then no one can say that if they will release their next model with windows 8 or not. As far as I know that the Lenovo never publish the information about their product in advance, not even on their official website. But as I can guess from looking to the delay, I think they are also waiting for the Windows 8 to be released. This is because even if they release their product with Windows 7 then users will surely get it changed that to Windows 8 when it is available. Anyways, for you, there are many months left for October to come and I am quite sure that you will get this by that time.

I think that it will be better for you to go for the Lenovo ThinkPad X220. The systems are based on Intel's Huron River platform, known as the Sandy Bridge platform for notebooks. Both systems have a 12.5'' IPS type screen with HD Ready resolution of 1366x768 pixels, while the tablet version of the X220 of course a touch sensitive screen. Under the hood of this ThinkPad X220 is an unnamed second generation i Core processor and two DDR3 SO-DIMM slots, there is space for up to 8 GB of memory. If you can wait much then this is not bad to be considered.

There are many people who are waiting for the same. I have talked to one of the sales representative and he told me that there is no expectation of the information until around spring. So I lost the hope for this and now I have decided to get the Lenovo ThinkPad X220.

There is no information revealed on this from Lenovo. I don’t think that they will wait for the Windows 8 to be released. I am saying this because that really does not affect the sales of their product as this is just the operating system. If someone want to make use of the Windows 8 later then he/she can install it lateron without any problem. I really hope that it will be available soon and specially before Octobet.

I think that the next new X-series tablet will be based on the Intel's 2012 platform and that will be available soon. Other than this, there are chances that you will get to see some other tablet (not the X-series) released along with the Windows 8. This could be available on the second half of the Windows 8.

This is the first time that Lenovo is making their customers to wait for this much of time. If they continue in this way then there are chances that they will lose many of its fans and users.