Thread: Rough ink in Microsoft OneNote with Lenovo ThinkPad X201

Rough ink in Microsoft OneNote with Lenovo ThinkPad X201

Hi all, I am having the Lenovo ThinkPad X201 and having some problem with it. Actually whenever I make use of the OneNote on the Lenovo ThinkPad X201 built-in screen as secondary display with the Extended Desktop mode then I found that the ink is rough as compared to it is in the single display. I am running the Windows 7 operating system on it. Is there someone who have felt the same or know that what is the reason for this. If you are having any idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will appreciate each reply for this.

Re: Rough ink in Microsoft OneNote with Lenovo ThinkPad X201

Have you recently updated the MultiTouch Driver in it? If yes, then it will be better for you to try by installing the old version of MultiTouch Driver and see if this can make any change to this. If this does not help you then please reply back and we will try to get it solved in some other possible way.

I don’t know that what is the solution for this problem but I think, as you are connecting two displays with it then this is hurting the digitization process in some manner and because of that you are not getting that much smooth look as you are expecting for this.

This is just what I think about this after reading your post. There might be some other reason for this. Lets wait and see if someone else can reply with better information regarding this. I am also excited to know about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    Have you recently updated the MultiTouch Driver in it? If yes, then it will be better for you to try by installing the old version of MultiTouch Driver and see if this can make any change to this. If this does not help you then please reply back and we will try to get it solved in some other possible way.
    I have already tried with this but that is not working in any manner. I got this solution from some site earlier and tried with this but that was of no help. Anyways, thank you so much that you have replied to this. Do you think that there can be some other reason or solution for this problem? I like all the things to be perfect and the roughness of the screen is really annoying to me.

Just uninstall and install the Microsoft OneNote in your pc. Of this is the problem with the Microsoft OneNote then reinstalling that will resolve the problem for you. Many of the issues with the software get resolved by reinstalling the software. So do it and see if it goes in the same way.

Just check that if this is happening with the Microsoft OneNote only or with other software as well. If this is the same then this might be the issue with the display driver. What you can do is, update the display driver to the latest version. After the completion of the update, restart the browser and check for the issue again. If the problem is related with the display driver then this time you will not face this issue.

I also have this issue. It happens in all Microsoft Office applications, however the problem does not seem to exist in Adobe Acrobat Pro. The onset of the problem occurred when I ran Windows Update - I am suspicious that it is caused by the updated MultiTouch Driver version 7.0.2.19.

I think that you are using older version of the Microsoft OneNote and this is the reason that you are facing this problem. Install the latest version of it from the Microsoft and you will be out of issue after this.