Thread: Lenovo Thinkpad T410s is making high frequency noise

Lenovo Thinkpad T410s is making high frequency noise

I have been using Lenovo Thinkpad T410s and it is quite new as well and I was not having any issues with it until today but then now I have found that now it is making high frequency noise and I am really getting irritated with the same, I have found that the noise is massive when the turbo is enabled, I really did not expected such issues so soon, is there anything that I can try out to fix this???

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T410s is making high frequency noise

I have been using Lenovo Thinkpad T410s and it is quite new as well and I was not having any issues with it until today but then now I have found that now it is making high frequency noise and I am really getting irritated with the same, I have found that the noise is massive when the turbo is enabled, I really did not expected such issues so soon, is there anything that I can try out to fix this???
    I am not very sure about what sound you are addressing but then if you are talking about the distorted noise from your system then just update the BIOS and you can do that from the below link.
    Lenovo Thinkpad T410s bios
    Just make sure that you are rebooting the system after updating the bios, I have found some people facing the same distorted noise issue and some of them were able to solve it out by updating the bios, just check it out and see if you are having the same case or not.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have tried out updating the bios but then it is not making any difference in my case, I am not able to track out the cause of this issues but then I want to solve it out somehow, is there any other thing that I can try out???

I just wanted to know is it a high pitched whine or sizzling sound?? Is it coming from the left side? If yes then just try disabling the CPU power management by going in to the bios and see if it is helping you out, if that does not help then you should better contact the service support and check out what they have say about the same, there are possibilities that you might have to get the system board replaced if the noise is severe. The other thing I wanted to know is that have you noticed any difference when AC is connected or not???

Yes when the AC is connected then the sound is not that high but then it is just unbearable when it run on battery, I have contacted the service support and had addressed the same but then in the start they said that it is normal and so and when I insisted that it is not then they made me try out changing some settings which really did not helped. They said that this issues has been found in Intel Core i processors, when I asked them to replace the same as I am under the warranty period then they said that they are aware of the issue and many people have solved it out by changing the settings that they had suggested, I really don’t trust them for anything now, I am planning to visit the service center directly now.

I have been facing the same issue and I am really running out of ideas to find out a fix for the same, currently I am avoiding the same by using laptop with earphones on but then I really don’t think that’s the way to go. I completely agree to you that the service support of Lenovo are of not help in this case I have already got system board and fan replaced as well and I have tried out using other hard disk but then no matter what I have tried so far the issue is still the same, I don’t know what to do know, if anyone finds out a workaround for it rather than visiting the dell service center then please let me know if will be very helpful.

I am having the same issue and I have visited the service center today and after a lot of argument and below are the options that they have offered.
    1. Getting the system board replaced (which does not seems to be solving out the same issue for others)
    2. Get another 410s (which I really don’t want to get)
    3. Get another 420s, which Is having the same specification but then it is just not touchscreen.

I really don’t know which option should I choose?? What you guys think about the same???

I think that you should go for the third option which is Get another 420s but then as far as the specification is concerned I am not that aware of the same, so being sure without that information is a bit difficult for me.

The one they had shown me is having the below specs:
    • Processor- Intel Core i3-2310M (2.10GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 3MB L3 cache)
    • Operating System - Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
    • Chipset - Intel QM67
    • Display -14.0" HD+ (1600x900) (230 nits)
    • Memory - Up to 8GB DDR3 – 1333MHz (2 DIMM slots)
    • Graphics - Intel Integrated HD graphics,Discrete NVIDIA NVS 4200M (1GB VRAM) with Optimus technology