Thread: Need help in enabling "Rapid Boot Extreme Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience" in Lenovo Thinkpad T420s

Need help in enabling "Rapid Boot Extreme Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience" in Lenovo Thinkpad T420s

I have recently bought Lenovo Thinkpad T420s and I am not facing any issues with the same but then I have found a sticker on it naming Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience so I am quite sure that it is having Rapid Boot Extreme utility. So now I am willing to enable the same but then I don’t have much idea about it, is there anyone who can help me out???

Re: Need help in enabling "Rapid Boot Extreme Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience" in Lenovo Thinkpad T420s

I have recently bought Lenovo Thinkpad T420s and I am not facing any issues with the same but then I have found a sticker on it naming Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience so I am quite sure that it is having Rapid Boot Extreme utility. So now I am willing to enable the same but then I don’t have much idea about it, is there anyone who can help me out???
    For enabling Rapid Boot Extreme utility you will have to download the software utility from Lenovo's support site and then install the same in your system. The Rapid Boot Extreme Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience is really a great feature, you can just go through the reviews of the user for the same in the below thread.
    RapidBoot Extreme is a awesome feature of Lenovo ThinkPad T420s

Re: Need help in enabling "Rapid Boot Extreme Lenovo enhanced 2.0 experience" in Lenovo Thinkpad T420s

So now I have downloaded the required software utility and have installed the same as well but then after restarting the system I am not able to find out a way where I have to enable this utility, I have gone through the control panel looking out for Rapid boot but then I have not yet came across any option for enabling it, I have just found the option for uninstalling it, can you just help me out further with this??

As far as I am aware of the same the drivers will be in the below section just move towards the bottom, just check it out and then let me know if you are able to enable the same or not.
    C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS

Even I have been guessing out the same after installing Rapid Boot in my E520, I am quite sure that it has been installed successfully but then I don’t know why it is not coming up in the system settings menu. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the same several times as well but then I am getting the same response, so had suggested me to check out HyperW7Svc service running at boot and turning it off to see if it is making any difference but then as I am using windows 7 it is not available there, I have checked out the BIOS and I am just having the below boot modes.
    • Quick
    • Diagnostics

I have not yet found the rapid option, is there anyone who can help me out as well??

In that case I will like to inform you both that RapidBoot Extreme is a factory option and it requires some special factory software which comes preload and you cannot just add them like that. The standard version of RapidBoot has been working on newer ThinkPads and Lenovo Thinkpad T420s is in that list as well, so if your T420s is having RapidBoot Extreme then you should be able to see the below things:
    1. Extra Rapid boot mode option in the BIOS
    2. RapidBoot Extreme Control Panel in Windows

You wont be able to see the same with standard RapidBoot as they are said to be running in background. Hope that helps.

Is there a way to check out if my T420s is having rapid boot extreme enabled from factory or not?? Do you have an idea about the same, I also wanted to know that are you aware of the models that are having Rapid Boot Extreme factory installed, if at all I am not having the same is there any chance of getting it after paying some charge for the same???

I am not very sure but then I think that all the models of T420s that might be having factory-installed with a SSD are having Rapid Boot Extreme 2.0., so just check out the specs of your T420s and see if it is having an SSD drive and if yes then the Rapid Boot software should work, just make sure that you are downloading it from the Lenovo driver's page.