Thread: Lenovo T520 ThinkPad performing very slow after updating through Thinkvantage System Update

Lenovo T520 ThinkPad performing very slow after updating through Thinkvantage System Update

I own a Lenovo T520 ThinkPad and I was not having any issues with the same and everything was working just fine but then since updating through TV System Update it is performing very slow, I mean it is taking a lot of time to startup and things work very slow when I am carrying out general tasks, it is taking long time to open drives and files, folders etc, the battery life appears to be affected as well, I there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea for solving out this issue??

Re: Lenovo T520 ThinkPad performing very slow after updating through Thinkvantage System Update

I own a Lenovo T520 ThinkPad and I was not having any issues with the same and everything was working just fine but then since updating through TV System Update it is performing very slow, I mean it is taking a lot of time to startup and things work very slow when I am carrying out general tasks, it is taking long time to open drives and files, folders etc, the battery life appears to be affected as well, I there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea for solving out this issue??
    Before I suggest you something further about the same I just wanted to know that had you rebooted the machine after the update? As there are some additional tasks that are required to be performed and need a reboot. Other than this can you just check out the Task Manager and let me know what’s going out there so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out as well.

Re: Lenovo T520 ThinkPad performing very slow after updating through Thinkvantage System Update

Yes I had rebooted the machine after the update.I have checked out the Task Manager and here the CPU seems to be higher than normal, Only with some things working the SynTPEnh.exe appears to be consuming 3-8% of CPU where as svchost.exe is consuming 10% and there are some more processes as well but then the total idling CPU usage is 15-25% currently, I have found some suspicious things when I went through the Process Explorer and Task Manager:
    • SynTPEnh.exe- 250,000
    • SimpleTap.exe- 50,000
    • Windows Firewall¬- 250,000
    • Process Explorer- 250,000

Other than this I have found that the dwm.exe is consuming 150 MB where as SimpleTap.exe is consuming 115 MB, the CPU percentage is jumping but then it stays between 2-5% most of the time.

Since you have mentioned the Lenovo T520 ThinkPad is new just check out whether the bios is updated or not, I mean as it is new there are possibilities that it might not be having an updated bios, so if it is so then try updating the bios and see if it is making any difference or not. You can also check out the below things as well.
    • There might be chances of failed install of a subsystem so check out all the Lenovo apps and check out if they are loading well without any errors.
    • Check out the Event logs and see if you are able to track out anything to be suspicious out there.

Just check out these things and then post back the result that you get for them.

In that case I will like to inform you that I had updated the bios recently and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same, I am very sure that the problem has started after Thinkvantage System Update, anyways I just wanted to know that where can I check out the event logs, are you talking about the ones in the ThinkVantage toolkit?? Is there any other thing that I have to check out??

A far as the event log is concerned just right click on the computer from the start button and then select the manage option and within there you will be able to get the Event viewer. Info, I also wanted to inform you that they are in groups and might take time to track the issues, so make sure that you are going through them thoroughly. As the issue has started after the update you should also check out the Power profile settings as well, just check out these things and then post back what you find.

After a lot of trouble shooting I have found that I was having a high level of hardware DPCs so I just used LatencyMon for finding out the cause of it and I found some things to be suspicious, so later I uninstalled the Ethernet controller driver as well as the drivers for the integrated Intel graphics adapter and have reinstalled other driver for the Ethernet controller driver but the I am not able to do the same for integrated Intel graphics adapter, I mean that when I am trying to do the same then I am getting an error message saying This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software." When I am trying to install it manually then I am getting other error message saying "The driver selected for this device does not support this version of Windows." I am really running out of ideas now is there anything I can do now??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

If you are not able to reinstall the driver for the integrated Intel graphics adapter then I will suggest you to better roll back the driver and see if it is helping you out, if you are able to rollback the driver successfully then just cross check and then let me know if the issue exist again as you have said that the slow performance issues has been solved after uninstalling the mentioned two drivers.

I have tried rolling back the driver but then I am not getting an option to do so. Is there any other way by which I can try to reinstall the driver for Intel graphics adapter???