Thread: PolyCarbonate Unibody design of HTC One X will prove a major hurdle during repairs

PolyCarbonate Unibody design of HTC One X will prove a major hurdle during repairs

I am just wondering as if what will happen when we have to do some repirs for our phone even if it involves removing the battery and placing it back ahain. We cant do that it’s a unibody design. For every small problem we will have to take the phone to a service center in order to get it repaired. Isn’t that silly. I am seriously thinking so. I am just wondering what htc people would be doing in a situation like these? Wouldn’t it be difficult for them to get the phone repaired. Anyways have any of you all got some answers for the same then please let me know about it.

Re: PolyCarbonate Unibody design of HTC One X will prove a major hurdle during repairs

I am thinking that they would be opting for a replacement and that’s for sure. Apart from that I don’t think so there is any other option at all don’t you all think that. So replacing the device with the new one would be the only option for HTC.

Re: PolyCarbonate Unibody design of HTC One X will prove a major hurdle during repairs

Yes I was very curious to know about this and hence I dialed up the customer support and asked them about this for which they did not reveal me anything about it. they only told me that if you had any problems with the devices then you can get it checked from the neareset service center that was what I told. However I expected them to revel something so that even we all at home can try that but no they were redundant not to divulge any kind of information to others. Like the above user said if the problem is serious then HTC will have no option rather to replace the old phone with a new one. Well if it turns out to be true then it will cost HTC dearly.

With the evolution of new end Smartphone’s many of them are following the ideal design of having the unibody design and nothing else. On the other side mobile phone OEM's manufacturing non uni-body handsets, will soon become rare species and it would be difficult to find them. So it would be a welcome news for the end users who will get the chance of holding a new piece in their hands and not the repaired once. In fact, I would urge the HTC people to follow a SOP of replacements for the One Series handsets needing repairs. So that all other manufactures having phones with unibody design will follow suit. What do you all think about this idea?

Dude don’t fly in the air so much that you forget the ground, have you ever seen the warranty period of the htc one x. if not then let me tell you it is only a 1 year warranty. What if the phone gets damaged after a year, say a display is not working then what after that? You will not get a new device since your phone is not under warranty plus you cant take it to a third party vendor simply because he does know about the structural design of the phone and the phone will be a simply waste for you because you are stuck with a damaged phone which is not even replaceable and to add more oil to the fire it cannot be repaired. So think about that situation.

I am quite sure that something would be there inside the structure of the phone to open up and get it repaired. Otherwise how do the HTC people have worked on it. so I think there would be some system or the another by which it can be repaired.

Recently one of my friend had took his Desire z to the service c enter his problem was that its display was not working. So what the people at the service center did was they replaced the entire board. Can you all imagine the entire board. So basically his phone was out of warranty still they got it repaired. So this is how HTC people will look at the problems of the HTC One X. no matter if it is out of warranty who says we cant take it to the service center and get it repaired. If the phone runs out of warranty then it does not mean it is out of its life.

Yes I do agree with what this person over here has said. I quite agree with him there are lots ofservice center available at my area for HTC and I will get It repaired from there. So stop worrying about the after affects dude.

In one of the videos that I saw of Nokia N9 which has a unibody design. People out there have successfully removed the body of the Nokia N9. So if Nokia N9 can be opened up then why not with the HTC One X. the world is smart dude grow up!

Every phone can be repaired. A manufacturer is not mad to make a phone which cannot be repaired at all. So you better get your basic right. As such once this phone gets into the hands of idigit people it can be automatically broken up. They do upload some good videos of unlocking and opening up the phones. Is it clear dude.