Thread: Small yellow spots on the display of HTC One X

Small yellow spots on the display of HTC One X

In one of the demo phones that I saw In the HTC shop recently I encountered a small yellow spot on the display of the phone. I have attached a image over here and I want to show it you all. So I just wanted to warn you all about the yellow spots that has recently become a issue with the Sony Xperia S as well. So before you are purchasing the phone always check for the yellow spots on the phone because it might happen that whenever you are playing games or so it might interfere. So do look after that.

Re: Small yellow spots on the display of HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by Suri View Post
    In one of the demo phones that I saw In the HTC shop recently I encountered a small yellow spot on the display of the phone. I have attached a image over here and I want to show it you all. So I just wanted to warn you all about the yellow spots that has recently become a issue with the Sony Xperia S as well. So before you are purchasing the phone always check for the yellow spots on the phone because it might happen that whenever you are playing games or so it might interfere. So do look after that.
    What yellow spots are you talking about. I cannot find it in my phone then how come you have encountered it? I think it would be some kind of mark that might have fallen on the phone and hence that’s the reason why it is showing you up as the yellow spots.

So I think that would be the case why it is showing up. Otherwise I cannot find any such mark in my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vedas View Post
    What yellow spots are you talking about. I cannot find it in my phone then how come you have encountered it? I think it would be some kind of mark that might have fallen on the phone and hence that’s the reason why it is showing you up as the yellow spots.

So I think that would be the case why it is showing up. Otherwise I cannot find any such mark in my phone.
    Dude I haven’t made a issue like that only its true and hence that’s the reason why I have mentioned about the same. Yellow spots were the main reason why Sony Xperia S users gave back their phone. if you are not believing me then check out their official forums. The yellow spots normally occur when the phone gets warm during the charging or you play heavy games the yellow spots might appear in the phone. So it is always important for you to keep a track on your phone as well. Can somebody check in your HTC One X if this is the same issue in their phone as well? Keep them on charging for sometime and see for yourself.

I don’t know if this is true or not but some people have said that sony is the screen provider for HTC One X, that’s why I am bit tensed. I have pre ordered this phone from a online store and waiting for its arrival.

Normally yellow spots have been seen in the phone are caused by frequent drops of the phone. yellow tints are caused by the LCD screen foil. So if you don’t drop the phone are keep it in the good condition then you wont be seeing any such problems at all.

I got this phone today and after reading your article I checked out for the yellow spots in the screen and on thoroughly checking it. I can see that the yellow spots are clearly visible in the display of tis phone. god this is a hell for me. The yellow spots are clearly visible in the white background although it does not appear in the dark background. Appearing in the white background really makes me worry a lot. Anyways can I replace this phone with the HTC? Your thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    I got this phone today and after reading your article I checked out for the yellow spots in the screen and on thoroughly checking it. I can see that the yellow spots are clearly visible in the display of tis phone. god this is a hell for me. The yellow spots are clearly visible in the white background although it does not appear in the dark background. Appearing in the white background really makes me worry a lot. Anyways can I replace this phone with the HTC? Your thoughts on this.
    Dude I would say take a chill pill. Don’t worry about these issues. You know when I had recently got a iPhone 4S at that time even I used to get this yellow spots on the screen which I used to believe is a glue that holds the laminated screen with the glass but I wasn’t sure about it. Hence I went ahead and had a confirmation about these with the Apple support team about this as if what exactly it is? They told me that it will appear initially but as you continue to use it will fade away. One week passed away and I couldn’t see it going away but as the time passed by t went away. So basically I was right it was a kind of glue that is required in order to hold the laminated screen with the glass.

Yellow spots that are normally found on the edges of the screen are no doubt the glue that you said but if they are found in the middle of the screen then it is for sure LCD foil issue. Better get the screen or the phone replaced.

I am happy that I did got a Samsung galaxy note and not the One X. the display of the note is far much cooler than the HTC One X. that’s the reason why I cant see any such kind of yellow spots on the screen. If the display or the phone gets heated up you see such kind of spots. I am happy that my galaxy note is a cold blooded phone it does not react in that manner. Lol.

Does it have anything to do with the AMOLED screen and the SLCD screen that HTC One X is using right now/ does the screen difference matter over here? What do you all think about it.