Thread: Unable to copy and format Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8GB

Unable to copy and format Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8GB

Hello, I have recently purchased the new Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8GB and I have copied all apps and folders that came in it. I have windows 7 operating system and recently I have formatted this pen drive and after that I have copied movie in it but after that I am not able to copy and format this drive anymore because I am constantly getting error message saying that ”Write Protected”. So, can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Unable to copy and format Sandisk Cruzer Blade 8GB

Ok I would like to suggest you to go through the below steps and after that let me know if it helps you out:
    First of all open start menu and after that type: REGEDIT in search bar and then click on ok button. Now on the result double click on windows registry editor and under that go to the below registry key:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
    Now if you cannot find the StorageDevicePolicies key then you should create StorageDevicePolicies manually. For that create new DWORD (32 bit) and then type name as WriteProtect. Now double click on WriteProtect and after that set the value to 0 (zero). Once you have done that save the setting and reboot the system to take effect.

If you are still getting the same issue then I think you have to run the following command to solve it. Open command prompt by clicking on Start button and then in the search bar type cmd. Now on the command prompt type the below command to solve your issue (hit enter after every command):
    First type Diskpart and then press Enter
    After that type list disk and then press Enter
    Select disk # (# is the number of the pen drive you’ve pluged in)
    And then type attributes disk clear readonly

First of all make sure you have installed the hotfix for USB and most of this USB issue is solved by the cab file described in the article. If you have not installed the Hotfix then I would like to suggest you to download the Hotfix and run it through your PC. Go through here for more information to download Hotfix.

I think you should check the permissions of the disk, if your Drive is read-only then you should try to take ownership of the disk. You can edit the ownership of the disk from below steps:
    1) Right click the drive.
    2) Go to Security tab.
    3) Choose the current user.
    4) Click Edit and tick mark the the Allow box of Full control.
    5) Click Apply and OK.
    Now once you done this, your problem will be solved.

You won't have a "format" option if the disk is write protected. I tried use other software to "Wipe" the whole thing. After 10 hours of wait, those files still there and safely protected. It will be the best way to protect ur ex's photos. GOD DAMN SANDISK !!!!!!