Thread: How to unlock blackberry storm 9500 on AT&T or T-Mobile?

How to unlock blackberry storm 9500 on AT&T or T-Mobile?

Hello friends, I and my friends are using the blackberry storm 9500, both of our phones are been locked, just need to find out how to unlock them, with both have purchased from different carries, such that I have purchased it from AT&T and he has purchased from T-Mobile. So we both are looking for unlocking method but did not have it? So does anyone knows any of the method how to do it, then please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: How to unlock blackberry storm 9500 on AT&T or T-Mobile?

I have also unlocked my phone not knowing the steps to do it but would like to tell you that when you will be thinking to do it then make sure that you are having BlackBerry Data Plan (BIS) on your carrier account and also you should be having latest operating system installed on your phone, if you are not having it then just go to following link and install and to install it on phone then follow steps which are been given in Information on Blackberry Latest OS: 9810 7.0.0.2406/7.0.0.585, just follow same method just download setup file from below and also better have Desktop Manager, not having it then get from below.

[B]Software Update of Storm

I am having method to unlock the phone, but before that you should have all things which I have told to do it, I will be telling you method AT&T phone, so you better follow following steps.
    • Download AT&T service books, which is been attached below.
    • Unzip that file on your PC and remember location of file where you have saved it on your PC.
    • When you are done with then go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\**your OS version**\Java.
    • Create a new folder and name is ATT. Find the .cod named net_rim_bb_browser_daemon and move the cod to your new folder.
    • After that plug your phone to computer and open Desktop Manager then go to AppLoader in that select Add/Remove Programs
    • Now work your way through the process to remove net_rim_bb_browser_dameon module.
    • You will not be able to notice any changes till the time you see Application loader screen, but you don't click any check boxes, just keep on clicking on next, and then Finish.
    • When you click on Finish then you will see a quick notice that browser_daemon module is being deleted.
    • Close Desktop Manager on completion. Allow your Storm phone to reboot.
    • Open Desktop Manager again and go to Backup/Restore in that Advanced.
    • On the right are Storm's data and service books.
    • On the left select File in that select Open and select service book file you downloaded.
    • Click once to highlight it, and then click the bottom arrow (to move it from the left box to the right).
    • Go back to main menu of Desktop Manager.
    • Now you go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\Loader\OS version\Java then to the folder you created named ATT. Right click the module and Cut it.
    • Go back to main Java folder and paste it back.
    • Plug in your phone and open Desktop Manager again go to AppLoader then to Add/Remove and proceed your way through.
    • Now you will be able to see net_rim_bb_browser_daemon.cod file being changed.
    • Now go to AT&T BIS Page log in and resend your service books.
    • On Storm go to Option in that Advanced Options then select TCP/APN which might be tell something
    • APN:wap.cingular
    • Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    • Password: CINGULAR1
    • After that you might require to reboot BlackBerry one more time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If after about 15 minutes, you are not getting full caps EDGE which sticks to EDGE, then I would suggest that you better go to your BlackBerry then you go to Manage Connections in that go to Mobile Network Options then select it as Network Mode and change 3G & 2G to be 2G only and come out. Even you go to Options, Mobile Network then to Network Technology and change setting from 1XEV to GSM/UTMS. When you have done that then go to Manage Connections, Mobile Network and Uncheck your service, remain for it to show OFF in signal indicator area which is there at top of your screen. When you are done with all that return to the same Manage Connections, Mobile Network and Check your Mobile Network to be back enabled. You need to this same thing for 3-5 times. Once you have done it then give the device five minutes to gain EDGE, then also it is not coming then I would suggest that repeat steps from 3 till 9.

For T-mobile also you follow all the steps which are been given for AT&T, but use below attachment file for it, rest of things are same. When you reached TCP/APN then I would suggest that type APN as wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com and leave username and password blank. If it is not been working then do same thing which above user have told to do it, so you will be able to unlock phone and also you will be able to use it properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files