Thread: Does Battery Life is affected after updating to the Symbian Belle

Does Battery Life is affected after updating to the Symbian Belle

Recently I have updated to Symbian Belle on my Nokia N8 Smartphone, but the thing is that after updating to the new firmware I have noticed that battery life is shorten from 6-7 hrs to 4-5 hrs. And other thing which I have noticed is that phone gets much hotter. So I would like to know that is this problem seen with the all other who has updated with the Symbian Belle or is it problem with my phone itself.

Re: Does Battery Life is affected after updating to the Symbian Belle

Even I would like to know about this as I have also seen the same issue on my Nokia C7 Smartphone which got updated with the Symbian Belle.

For this I want to say that it is the common problem seems in all the Smartphone. The reason for this is due to many applications running on the Smartphone which consumes more energy. So due to this t battery life has be shortened.

Apart from the application, the reason for reducing of the battery life is due to introducing of new features in the Symbian Anna.

• Like have more Homescreen from 3 to 6
    • Introduced with the NFC technology
    • Has the notification pull down features
    • Many other application like exchange, Sharepoint, OneNote etc.

I have tried with some of the things which has helped to extend battery life and it has worked with me. First close the apps which you do not use it anymore, doing this will help you more as this apps works in the background. Other thing is that turn off your Bluetooth if not using, lower down you brightness level which consume less energy.

So if you follow some of this steps I guess you will definitely see battery life has been extended.

Quote Originally Posted by HankH View Post
    I have tried with some of the things which has helped to extend battery life and it has worked with me. First close the apps which you do not use it anymore, doing this will help you more as this apps works in the background. Other thing is that turn off your Bluetooth if not using, lower down you brightness level which consume less energy.

So if you follow some of this steps I guess you will definitely see battery life has been extended.
    I did everything. closed network scanning,even deleted/uninstalled all unwanted applications. all usless! battery life is still same.

I am now thinking about to formate my phone to get the battery life back.

Please suggest if you have any other solution.