Thread: Sansa Firmware updater version 1.313

Sansa Firmware updater version 1.313

I heard that the updates for firmware of Sansa music player is now available. I wanted to know which the latest stable version I should download. I would also like to know what its key features are. Has anyone downloaded it which can share some information?

Re: Sansa Firmware updater version 1.313

You don’t need the firmware updater unless there is some fault in your music player. Firmwares are used to repair the music player’s system if some component is not working properly. So downloading an updated firmware and installing it in your music player is totally unnecessary. If your music player is working fine on the current firmware, then updating tit might cause complications like reducing the response speed of the music player and other such problems. The updater is used to automatically update the firmware of music players. The amount of battery required during this period is extremely large. Many users have damaged their battery in this process. So I suggest that in future if you want to update the firmware, do the whole process manually. I know this manual process will take long time, but I assure that it will be more successful and safer than automatic processing.

The latest firmware updater for Sansa music players is version 1.313. Its key feature is that it can work on updating and downloading the new firmware and its components simultaneously on 10 different devices. In the previous versions, one needed to update one device after which he/she would be able to proceed to another devise. This linear process would consume a lot of time and energy. To overcome this tedious process, the developers have built this feature. This firmware updater is very new; I haven’t heard from many people about its use. So I suggest that you wait for some time before you update to it, as no bugs or glitches have been discovered.

Many people have complained that whenever they try to start the update from their PC, the system files of this updates are recognized as Trojan. This doesn’t just happen on some specific PC protected with specific anti-virus software, but it is found on many PCs with different anti-virus softwares used for testing. I have seen many people posting their complaints about the music player failing to charge from USB charger after the update. I think that you should wait some more time before the developers bring out a stable version of this update.

I updated the firmware of my Sansa music player to its latest version and now I am facing the problems with charging of this device. Whenever I connect my music player to any USB slot, is it a Mac or PC, the music player is detected, in PC as well as in Music Player. I can transfer the music files in and out, but the charging of the device has stopped. I had to purchase a separate charger to get it powered up.

I am too facing a problem with my music player after updating its firmware to version 1.313. I am having problems with synchronizing the music from Windows Media Player and my playlist on Sansa’s website. It was working fine till last night before I updated its firmware. Now the Windows Media Player fails to recognize my Music Player as a valid device. I am using Windows XP SP 3. Also many times, downloaded music doesn’t play in my music player. In previous version of firmware, music from any source used to play in it. I have changed the settings of USB to msc, but still I having problem with my music player from not recognizing the music file I downloaded. I have downloaded almost every patch and upgrade that I think will be useful from Sansa’s website, but nothing has changed so far.

I know, the problem of failed synchronization with Windows Music player is common in this new firmware. I have tried using mtp settings for USB connection, but even it has failed to work. I have tried everything I can do from its control panel but nothing seems to work.

One good thing about the new firmware is that it allows better grouping of music files. The new interface is also good and very useful in managing the music files. It has also improved the techniques of grouping multiple devices easy.

I have a Sansa Fuze of capacity 4 GB with me. I connected it to my PC and it prompted me to update the firmware as a new version was available. I clicked on the update and it gave me options to delete the music files and then update or update the firmware and then delete the files. I asked my friend about these options and which was best to choose. She said that choosing either of them doesn’t make a difference. So I second option that is, update the firmware and then delete the files. I kept it for update and it showed me that time it required will be 3 hours. So after more than 3 hours, I checked my music player to see that it was updated and also music files were erased. When I checked for storage space, it showed that around 600 MB was filled. That is the exact amount of space that previously had the music files. But now the music files weren’t there as well as the space was not being emptied.