Thread: How is Video bitrate of HTC One X?

How is Video bitrate of HTC One X?

well I wanted to know at what bit rates videos are being shot on HTC One X? personally I am expecting that it would be at 720/1080p videos. Let me know if you are having any personal experience in this particular scenario. Any response will be highly appreciated.

Re: How is Video bitrate of HTC One X?

I have found that videos captured are quite horrible. It noticed that it was of around 5mbit/s. also found that software version of the retail device seems to be really low 1.26. usually it should be greater than 1.3 or 1.4 on the device.

Ok I wanted to ask you another question I wanted to ask you over here. well how photos can be saved on the raw so that it can be edited by program such as Photoshop. Does jpeg compression can be adjusted? Will it allow 0% compression?

Well in this particular situation Photos are captured into RAW and it is simply passed to the Imagesense processor and it simply converts the same to JPEG. So you will get the output into the JPEG as well. However there will be someone who is aware of how to bypass the processor and output RAW. I have also noticed that bitrate is getting dropped while you are shooting into lowlight.

I came to know something interesting which will be really useful to get the requirement of yours. One X is capturing the video at the resolution of 1080P at 30fps with having autofocus and stereo audio . so you will get sharp and sound. I have also noticed faint video compression artifacts and automatic gain control which would react to give a wind noise. The camera is handling the stills within in four seconds. That is delay between tapping n-screen video capture button and beginning of recording that means you are going to miss some of the beginning part if you are not prepared at all. the shooter will be able to recorded at 80p widescreen video at 60fps for playback.

Even you can download Camera ICS app on your device. it will give you 2x bitrate option. It will not modify the mediaprofiles.xml but it would take the values doubles in the App. hence you will noticed the great improvement at 20mbps for 1080p.

I think HTC has to do something with their cameras especially when it is coming for the video recording scenario.