Thread: How is the sound quality and DAC of HTC One X?

How is the sound quality and DAC of HTC One X?

I am looking to switch to HTC One X to SGS2. The sound quality at the time of listing MP3 on S2 was average when you have adjusted all the settings at the high. How will be the quality while listing music on X? Do you know whether it is having DAC? If sound quality will be same as that of SGS2 then I won’t purchase the device rather I will go for Cowan Z2.

Re: How is the sound quality and DAC of HTC One X?

Samsung Galaxy S and many same kind of devices are having Wolfson DAC and also having Voodoo app. it simply gives best sound quality on the mobile device. however Samsung dropped Wolfson for Yahama DAC on SGS2.

Personally I am not expecting that this particular device would have good sound quality. There are less amount of the people who are using expensive headphones and lossless files are really so that company care about them. I let you know that I have already sold my Cowon D3 as I was messed while using Android 2.2 because of insufficient hardware. Now I am looking to have S9, J3, or X7.

Well I am iPhone user from past few months so according to me to have high end multidriver in the ear monitors into the sound quality seems to be essential for me. I will really appreciate if the owner would provide the headphone with having good sound quality on the device. if they are going to provide the good audio hardware then there will be low output impedance, low distorsion and low crosstalk and definitely it will result into great sound quality. As I am having with iPhone headphone and even there will not be any need of doing any tweak.

I have tried almost all the version of iPhone and iPod so according to me DAC does not seems to be a talking point. It gets flaked out as eq is modified even though we are having decent pair. According to me it’s a bad idea if you wanted to replace the phone with the portable player is a really bad idea. You can have Cowon S9 and high end ear phone which is having support for sound-cancelling . but you are listening the music at 192kbps CBR mp3s and you are using phone then most of the situation you will face bottleneck rather than with headphones or DAC.

The thing impedance output impedance is totally subjective. iPhone is having output impedance as low as 2. It always provides linear signal to the multidriver iem where as high z source such as galaxy S2 is getting skewed signal and it simply ruins the frequency response of your iems.

Most of the multidriver IEMs are making out of the IEM and you will get the some kind of amperage. Though Cowon C2 does not seems to be powerful . however here powerful does not mean volume of the device. cowon is having great DAC but you require music playback and if you are looking FLAC then you might have better option for your budget as well. I do agree that iPhone and iPod are having great sound but EQ is not well but SQ is good enough. If you have passed out the headphone and using line out into the AMP through the LOD. Porta pros headphones are giving in really great output and it is available less than $100 in the market.

Audio quality of HTC one X seems to be really great. The earpiece is providing great sound , also rear-mounted loudspeaker is also providing the same output as well. I think the manufacturer of the device has made this particular placement of the loudspeaker which would work quite better than that of Samsung has done with Galaxy Nexus which is generating easy-to-muffle sound. I was alos able oto listen background noise as well as wind. It shows that this particular phone is having really nicely tuned dual-mic noise canceling system.

Apart from that 3.5mm headphone jack is giving clean .noise-free music. So I was able to play ow bitrates audio track. One X is having great Audio branding and as most of the HTC devices are now doing the same. whenever I am listening the music Beats are getting enabled and it gives me feeling of bass boost.

I don’t say that people don’t appreciate Beats rather its making music enough exciting . however if y7u wanted to have authentic music then beats wil not be an answer for you. normally I used to turn off the same. one will be easily able to toggle it through the notification tray when music is being played. HTC's Android 4.0 upgrade for older version of device making the Beats processing compatible by having any of the audio app and according to me it is showing big improvement,

Cowon is not having the best SQ system instead it is having great EQ. by drefault mobile phones are not tested by audiophile kind of things. EQ cannot be used for replacing energy . if you wanted to know whether X is playing music then I will say yes it can play MP3 file but I don’t know about the quality.

HTC One X is having lots of improved things as well as tweak and equalizer as well. But I don’t think so it will improve DAC drastically though it will give you great control.