Thread: A small note about Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2

idea A small note about Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2

I just got my wifi xyboard someday back and before the purchase I wanted to do a lot of research on this particular tablet. on how this tablet is actually and what are the pros and cons of this particular tablet but unfortunately there wasn’t much information displayed about this particular tablet. I checked in one or two forums that were related to the tablets but still I didt get much information oyut there. All I got to see out there how good was the tablet and some people commenting here and there not much useful at all. Verizon and Motorola both on their sides did not do enough to mention anything about the tablet. of they had wanted then they could have very ell done that but they choose not to. The best marketing business is done by the apple people. Look at the recently launched iPad 3 though not much hype was made before the release but look at what they have done after the release. So that are some of the points that Motorola people should have noted down before and after the release of this product. I am quite sure that not many of the people out here must be knowing that this product has actually been released. It’s really a good tablet and I think more and more people should be made aware of this. Moreover I don’t have any issue to raise but I am slightly disappointed as such "tabulous" device is so poorly marketed and distributed.

Re: A small note about Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2

Yes not many popular online stores has it because the promotion and distribution of these tablets have been very poor. You cant find it anywhere not even in the Amazon, Newegg, Walmart. Yes there is only one place from where you can get it now and that is Moto direct.

This was not the case with the Xoom tablet which is now also available everywhere. Probably a agreement between the version and the Motorola might have restricted the availability of the tablets that’s the reason why it is not available anywhere.

However I happened to get this tablet from the version store.

Well you have written a great article about the negligence carried out by the Motorola people and also the Verizon to not promote the tablet. as far as I know I can remember version had only come up with a small promotion of this product in December and after that there was nothing. Those who are impressed by the product used to regulary check the Motorola official page for more such information, so why they should take matter in their hands and search for it. it’s the responsibility of the makers to make them aware of the features and all which they did not do and hence they are paying the price for it.

Down Re: A small note about Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2

I don’t agree with you completely. See its a debate and everyone has their opinion. As such this is not a great product. I can easily compare it with my asus A500 and I bet ya it can bet xyboard at any point of the day. The product still has many bugs in it but nobody is bothered to bring in the updates.

So who will care about promoting such products. You only tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristaps View Post
    I don’t agree with you completely. See its a debate and everyone has their opinion. As such this is not a great product. I can easily compare it with my asus A500 and I bet ya it can bet xyboard at any point of the day. The product still has many bugs in it but nobody is bothered to bring in the updates.

So who will care about promoting such products. You only tell me.
    I am sure that you don’t have this product and hence that’s why you are speaking out here like this. It doesn’t have any kind of bug. Yes people here and there are complaining about some problems in the tablet that’s quite normal and it happens with any product that is newly released. Look at the iPad 3 people were frustrated with the poor wifi reception that it has got in it. so people do report it when they face it and yes even if you have any issue then report it over here. we will solve it for you but don’t make any false allegations against the product it is really not acceptable.

When I was going to purchase this tablet I was told that this tablet is upgradeable to ICS. I was happy listening to this that’s why I thought of going ahead with the product but it seems they have bugged me. It’s been a month since I got this tablet and I haven’t got the ICS update yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ket!ak View Post
    When I was going to purchase this tablet I was told that this tablet is upgradeable to ICS. I was happy listening to this that’s why I thought of going ahead with the product but it seems they have bugged me. It’s been a month since I got this tablet and I haven’t got the ICS update yet.
    It has been already discussed over here about this issue here before and I have said several times through this forum that it is under plan and it will be out soon. Verizon cant release the updates like that only they need to do some testing and then only they can come up with the update. Testing with the new Os does takes more than 2-3 months. So have some patience ICS will be out soon.

I want to talk about the main topic for which this thread is about many a times even I felt this and sometimes I used to think why such partiality with the xyboards because their other products are well marketed and well promoted as well by Motorola. Then why such discrimination from Motorola on this product?