Thread: Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2 reboots on its own

Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2 reboots on its own

I am facing random reboot problem with this new tablet. its only 5 days since I got this tablet and I am up with this issue. I don’t know what to do now. I am not a big techie and hence I don’t know what are the basic solutions for this, that’s why I am expecting you all to help me out with this one. Any of you all who have faced this issue in their tablet and have got out of that issue then do tell me some solutions for it. I would be happy to hear it from you.

Waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2 reboots on its own

Same problem here as well. so what I did was went to the service center and asked them to get it solved. They asked me to do a factory reset. Interesting this is that after performing a factory reset as well in my tablet it did not gave me any help at all. Now they have asked me to come after 2 days and they will either provide me a replacement one or will be doing the changes themselves only. So that’s what I got to hear from them. Hopefully better sense prevail.

Since its only 5 days old I would ask you to return the device back and get it replaced. That would be a smart move. So take it to the Verizon center or any center from where you had taken this device and get it replaced. Hopefully that should work out for you.

If you ask me then I would say doing a reset from the Android recovery menu would be a better option for you. So if you want then give a try for that as well and do let me know if that works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    If you ask me then I would say doing a reset from the Android recovery menu would be a better option for you. So if you want then give a try for that as well and do let me know if that works or not.
    Hey thanks for the solution but as I have said above I am not a big techie so I would ask a small help from you. That is can you provide me with some steps by which I would be able to do reset with the from the Android recovery menu. I am a total noob in this and hence would be glad to hear it from you all.

Hopefully you will reply to this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Heart Break KId View Post
    Hey thanks for the solution but as I have said above I am not a big techie so I would ask a small help from you. That is can you provide me with some steps by which I would be able to do reset with the from the Android recovery menu. I am a total noob in this and hence would be glad to hear it from you all.

Hopefully you will reply to this as well.
    Sure I will do. follow the steps that I am giving you out here and then see if that makes any kind of difference or not.

1) Firstly you need to do factory reset using external keys.

2) Turn the tablet off. Once it is turned off turn it on with the help of a power button. Wait for 2 seconds and let the Motorola logo come up. Once it comes up press and hold the down and up Volume key. PS: don’t press the power key.

3) If everything goes out correctly then you should be able to see ‘Android Recovery’. Now release the volume keys.

4) 4 once the android recovery message is completely displayed on the screen of the tablet then you need to Press volume up button, once you have pressed that button it will get into the Android recovery mode.

5) A few seconds later you will get to see a android robot on the screen. So when you get to see the robot at that time you need to again release the volume button.

6) Now again hold down the power button and then press the volume up key together. So that you can go to the selections i.e. Android Recovery screen menu selections.

7) In order to navigate In the menu you need to press volume up button to go up, volume down button to go down, the power button to select any particular option.

8) So go down and select “Yes, delete all user data”. Conform it by pressing the power button.

9) Once it is done you will be again back to the Android recovery screen menu and after that hopefully I know how to get back after. I hope that’s clear for you.

Unlike you all I am not facing such kind of issues in my Xyboard 8.2. however in order to improve the performances and also avoid lagging while you are browsing in the tablet it is always important to note that you don’t use the stock browser. Use the maxathon or the opera mobile browser for a better performance, many a time I have noticed that the Google stock browser in this tablet does lags a lot and many a times results into rebooting. So that’s the reason why I avoid it and use the different browser for the same. now everything is running perfectly well.