Thread: Responsiveness of onboard Infrared Blaster in Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

Responsiveness of onboard Infrared Blaster in Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

Hi guys I have some questions regarding the Infrared Blaster in the new tablet named as Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1. I want to know has anyone checked the responsiveness of the onboard IR Blaster in this new tablet. that’s what I want to know. I am planning to use Dijit app for a better responsiveness of the infrared blaster. So basically I want to know about the XYBoard's IR learning abilities? Can anyone over here give me some idea about that. Please reply on the same, I am waiting for the response from your side.

re: Responsiveness of onboard Infrared Blaster in Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

I don’t know I might be wrong over here but I did not get any learning option when I opened up the Infrared Blaster in my tablet pc. Also I must say that I am using the Dijit app in the tablet. Now not sure whether it’s the problem with the app or the Infrared Blaster. I don’t know about that.

I don’t know about the Xyboard but in my A500 that I got recently I downloaded the dijit app from the android market and on going through the drop down menu. I got the following options of creating, selecting, adding, and editing additional remotes with the help of which I can control the ir devices. I also get tow additional options such as "Learn a New Button" and "Learn Existing Button". Now on selecting the options the app sends requests. After selecting the button, it points IR signal to device to learn the signal.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    I don’t know about the Xyboard but in my A500 that I got recently I downloaded the dijit app from the android market and on going through the drop down menu. I got the following options of creating, selecting, adding, and editing additional remotes with the help of which I can control the ir devices. I also get tow additional options such as "Learn a New Button" and "Learn Existing Button". Now on selecting the options the app sends requests. After selecting the button, it points IR signal to device to learn the signal.
    I just wonder how you got that possible because I am not getting any kind of drop down option n my Xyboard. I wonder how was it possible with you? That’s what I am thinking.

Well I got it working with the help of Dijit market app and the Griffin Beacon and can’t you read that I haven’t used the Xyboard instead I was using the Acer iconia A500 tablet. I hope that’s pretty clear for you.