Thread: Dissatisfied with the delay in upgrading Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 to ICS

angry Dissatisfied with the delay in upgrading Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 to ICS

Don’t you all think its too late that Google haven’t rolled out any update for this particular tablet. so that’s the reason why I have come here and made a thread about this particular subject. Motorola have been highlighting continuously through their official home pages or in the forums saying that this tablet is upgradeable to ICS but when? When will I be getting an ICS update after my new tablet gets old or if some other tablet comes in the market and I seem to get attracted with it. a tablet hardly lasts 2 years and not more than that its already been months old and still haven’t got the update yet? Really this is the frustration that I am showing from my side towards this people. They should learn to get updates soon otherwise I would be continuing to face problem such as

- Wifi disconnection

- multi-pixel segments of my screen flash,

- random reboots

in my tablet. so hopefully after this I should expect a early date for the ICS release on this tablet.

Re: Dissatisfied with the delay in upgrading Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 to ICS

Yes I have been hearing that the ICS update for this particular tablet would be rolled out by the Q3 of this year. So we can expect the update by that time but don’t you all think that its too late to receive update at that time.

See bro ICS has various number of issues with it that’s the reason why Motorola is planning to release it a bit later after a thorough testing. What do you want a update to be rolled out early and then you end up being messed up with various number of issues or wait till you get the bug free version of the OS. So what decision do you want to make its all upon you. So do think about the same and then only comment.

I am happy that Motorola people are responsible and they care about their customers that’s the reason why they have delayed. If you talk about the ICs then go and ask the Xoom users who had received the update quite early and they are returning back their devices. So Motorola does not want the same consequences for the other users as well that’s the reason why they have delayed it.

Down Re: Dissatisfied with the delay in upgrading Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 to ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    See dude ICS has various number of issues with it that’s the reason why Motorola is planning to release it a bit later after a thorough testing. What do you want a update to be rolled out early and then you end up being messed up with various number of issues or wait till you get the bug free version of the OS. So what decision do you want to make its all upon you. So do think about the same and then only comment.

I am happy that Motorola people are responsible and they care about their customers that’s the reason why they have delayed. If you talk about the ICs then go and ask the Xoom users who had received the update quite early and they are returning back their devices. So Motorola does not want the same consequences for the other users as well that’s the reason why they have delayed it.
    I don’t agree with you what about the other Smartphone makers like Samsung who have already rolled out update for their nexus and also many of the Smartphone’s from Sony have already got the ICs update by the end of the last month. So what about them I haven’t received any complaints from them regarding the ICS. What do you have to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Desi.B@yZ View Post
    I don’t agree with you what about the other Smartphone makers like Samsung who have already rolled out update for their nexus and also many of the Smartphone’s from Sony have already got the ICs update by the end of the last month. So what about them I haven’t received any complaints from them regarding the ICS. What do you have to say about this.
    Completely agreed on this and also do you know the meaning of upgrade it is coming up with the update now or in the immediate future, at the users discretion. So it should come up when the users need it and not whenever the manufacturers plan to get it for the users. Do you understand that.

Down Re: Dissatisfied with the delay in upgrading Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 to ICS

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    Completely agreed on this and also do you know the meaning of upgrade it is coming up with the update now or in the immediate future, at the users discretion. So it should come up when the users need it and not whenever the manufacturers plan to get it for the users. Do you understand that.
    Dude you got it wrong, the definition of upgradeable does not specify a timeframe. I just don’t understand from where have you got this meaning? No dictionary or Wikipedia specifies this as the meaning of the upgrade at all. So stop blushing out blunders. First of all no manufacturers allow upgrades to happen at the user's discretion. Dude you only get the updates when the manufactures think it is suitable for the device and hence they do provide it. I hope that’s clear and fine for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Am_Charlie View Post
    Don’t you all think its too late that Google haven’t rolled out any update for this particular tablet. so that’s the reason why I have come here and made a thread about this particular subject. Motorola have been highlighting continuously through their official home pages or in the forums saying that this tablet is upgradeable to ICS but when? When will I be getting an ICS update after my new tablet gets old or if some other tablet comes in the market and I seem to get attracted with it. a tablet hardly lasts 2 years and not more than that its already been months old and still haven’t got the update yet? Really this is the frustration that I am showing from my side towards this people. They should learn to get updates soon otherwise I would be continuing to face problem such as

- Wifi disconnection

- multi-pixel segments of my screen flash,

- random reboots

in my tablet. so hopefully after this I should expect a early date for the ICS release on this tablet.
    Looking at the various issues that you have sketched over here, the wifi disconnection part. For that you need to check it out with the wifi hotspot. Not a issue with the tablet. Secondly the multi-pixel segments of my screen flash, you need to switch off the device and restart it again. Talking about your third issue then do a factory reset. It will get automatically solved. Also one more thing you can’t ensure that once ICS comes out that does not mean it is going to solve all your issues, no that’s not true at all. ICS is a completely new OS which will be having its own features. So don’t expect any of those issues to be fixed up. If you aren’t happy with the current Xyboard then better get it replaced.

See you can’t blame Motorola entirely for this, Verizon which is the carrier of this particular tablet also needs to engineer, code and test a software layer for ICS. They also need to check whether 3G/4G/LTE radios work properly or not with the version, so for all these things Motorola people can do anything. All this process requires complete 3-4 months to get completed.

Android is a complete open frame operating system then I am just wondering as if why they are taking so much long to get it tested. Quite disappointed with the Motorola people they are one of the best manufacturers but it seems Verizon and Motorola aren’t getting anything right on this.