Thread: Macbook pro keeps on crashing randomly

Macbook pro keeps on crashing randomly

I have recently bought a Macbook pro and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it just keeps on crashing randomly, saying that I will have to restart the system, this is the part of the message that I get after the computer gets restarted:
    Interval since Last Panic Report: 490764 sec
    Panics Since Last Report: 1
    Anonymous UUID: 575E8CC4-89EE-46C8-8D1A-56BCBB39CC76

Is there anyone who has an idea about it??

Re: Macbook pro keeps on crashing randomly

I have recently bought a Macbook pro and the problem that I am facing with the same is that it just keeps on crashing randomly, saying that I will have to restart the system, this is the part of the message that I get after the computer gets restarted:
    Interval since Last Panic Report: 490764 sec
    Panics Since Last Report: 1
    Anonymous UUID: 575E8CC4-89EE-46C8-8D1A-56BCBB39CC76
    Is there anyone who has an idea about it??
    I just wanted to know if you are having any antivirus program currently, if yes then just remove the same for now and see if it is making any difference, I have come across some people getting the same message that you have posted above and after removing the antivirus program their issues was solved, so just give it a try and then let me know the response that you get for this solution.

Hey thanks for your interest, I am having Mcafee Antivirus in my case and I have no issue in removing it but then I just wanted to know that will there be any option for me to protect my mac from viruses and so as to get rid of this crashing? What do you think about the same, thinking of these things are hesitating me to remove the MacAfee Antivirus.

I will like to inform you that there are no viruses in the wild for the Mac but then there are some Trojans which can be avoided by making sure that you are not visiting nasty or pirate site that you are not well aware of, as far as the security of your mac is concerned you can try out ClamXav, it is free and it is as better as McAfee or Norton, so for now you can remove Mcafee Antivirus so as to test if it is making any difference in your case and if it does then you can get ClamXav later.

I have tried removing the Mcafee Antivirus but then it does not seems to be making any difference and I am getting the same error message, I have just posted a part of it above as the error report is too long to post it here. Other than this I have ran a diagnostic hardware check and I have tried running the same by pressing "D" when the mac gets restarted but then it did not helped as well is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this issue?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Are you very sure that you have uninstalled the Mcafee Antivirus completely, I mean that have you used McAfee uninstaller for the same?? If not then try using it as well, for the system-level app just dragging the application to the trash won’t work, you should better uninstall it using its own uninstaller.

I have now uninstalled the Mcafee Antivirus using its own uninstaller but then now after removing the same I have faced the crash more frequently, it has been 4 times consecutively. I was thinking of try running a hardware test so as to reformat Mac OSX lion but then I am not able to find out the discs, seems as I have lost it, is there anything else that I can do not to get rid of this issue??? I really want to solve it out somehow, so please help!!

I have now uninstalled the Mcafee Antivirus using its own uninstaller but then now after removing the same I have faced the crash more frequently, it has been 4 times consecutively. I was thinking of try running a hardware test so as to reformat Mac OSX lion but then I am not able to find out the discs, seems as I have lost it, is there anything else that I can do not to get rid of this issue??? I really want to solve it out somehow, so please help!!

I will like to inform you that VirusScan 9.0 and 9.1 for the Mac which is also known as McAfee Security actually comes with a script for the un-installation process and the same script is called McAfeeSecurityUninstaller.app and it usually lies in /Applications directory which is just right alongside McAfee VirusScan, so just check out for the same and see if it is helping but then if you are not able to find out the script then Just open a Terminal window and then enter the below command line and hit enter:
    sudo /usr/local/McAfee/uninstallMSC
    Make sure that you are running the same as admin, if you want then you can google out “Removing McAfee antivirus from a Mac “and then check out the wordpress site for the same, That site is having a script for un-installing McAfee antivirus from a Mac, I want to make it clear that you should try out that script on your own risk, I have not yet ran in to same issue and I have not tried out the same but then as you are willing to reformat Mac OSX lion then I think that you should give it a try before doing the same.

I really wont suggest you to try out that script in any terms, I have referred to the same site and I have not found any one mentioning that it has worked out for them, so better find out the discs and if you still done get it then I will suggest you to visit Apple store for more help, I think that they will surely help you out.