Thread: Need help! Deleted files from folder naming "com.apple.dock.plist" from MacBook

Need help! Deleted files from folder naming "com.apple.dock.plist" from MacBook

I have recently started using mac and today I have by mistakenly Deleted files from folder naming "com.apple.dock.plist" from my MacBook, I have checked you the trash can and they are appearing to be stuck there but then I am not able to get in to trash can, I am just able to see the application that are running, some had suggested me for resetting my dock but then I don’t know how to do the same. is there anything that I can try out here??

Re: Need help! Deleted files from folder naming "com.apple.dock.plist" from MacBook

I have recently started using mac and today I have by mistakenly Deleted files from folder naming "com.apple.dock.plist" from my MacBook, I have checked you the trash can and they are appearing to be stuck there but then I am not able to get in to trash can, I am just able to see the application that are running, some had suggested me for resetting my dock but then I don’t know how to do the same. is there anything that I can try out here??
    I am not very sure but then you can try to access the trash using the finder, I think that they might be available there, so just check it out and see if it is helping, as far as resetting the dock is concerned you can check out the for it in settings and there should be an option for resetting it to factory default under the dock, you can just go through the OSX Leopard Manual book for more help if you have it.

Re: Need help! Deleted files from folder naming "com.apple.dock.plist" from MacBook

I will like to inform you that there is no folder called com.apple.dock.plist but then there is a file called com.apple.dock.plist, if you delete the same then the Dock preferences will get reset to the defaults and the operating system should recreate a fresh copy of the same, I don’t think that there will be any issue if you delete the com.apple.dock.plist file, I think that you might have misunderstood that you have deleted a folder full of files, or multiple files by deleting com.apple.dock.plist file, anyways you have not indicated whether the com.apple.dock.plist has been deleted from Library, System Library, or the root Library, so just check it out and be specific for further help.

I was suggested to delete the file that you have mentioned so as to let it recreate a fresh copy of the same but then in my case it didn't recreate itself, I am really running out of ideas as the background and the dock is not there and I am not able to minimize it as well, is there any workaround to solve this issue??? Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.

I don’t think that you should have deleted it, I mean that before deleting it were you having any issues?? And even if you have deleted it, it should recreate it on restart as far as my knowledge, other than this I really don’t think that it should have any impact on your desktop wallpaper causing you to lose the ability to minimize, I think that there is something else that is causing the issue, so can you just let me know the version of OS X you are running,, also mention the drive space as used/free and make sure that you are specifying from where the files have deleted as one has already suggested you for further help.