Thread: Internet access by tethering the Motorola Smartphone to the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

Internet access by tethering the Motorola Smartphone to the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

I got this great tablet recently and now I am planning to tether it with any of the Motorola Smartphone, I have got the basic version of this tablet i.e. only the wifi version of Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1. I want to know if anyone over here has successfully able to tether their Smartphone it to the XYBOARD and access the Internet anywhere the Smartphone has a signal? So anybody has any kind of assistance to offer it to me then they can share in their information with me. I would be happy to hear it from you all. So do reply accordingly over here. I am waiting for the response from you all.

Re: Internet access by tethering the Motorola Smartphone to the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

Quote Originally Posted by Mithi View Post
    I got this great tablet recently and now I am planning to tether it with any of the Motorola Smartphone, I have got the basic version of this tablet i.e. only the wifi version of Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1. I want to know if anyone over here has successfully able to tether their Smartphone it to the XYBOARD and access the Internet anywhere the Smartphone has a signal? So anybody has any kind of assistance to offer it to me then they can share in their information with me. I would be happy to hear it from you all. So do reply accordingly over here. I am waiting for the response from you all.
    I don’t know about the Smartphone’s but I have tried tethering my laptop to the Xyboard. I happened to connect the mini usb from the phone directly to the usb of the laptop that was successful to me. I did not want a separate broadband connection for my laptop and hence I took the help of the data plan that was already activated in my tablet and used it for the laptop as well. as far as the Smartphone’s are concerned they will definitely require a different cable in order to connect the Smartphone to the tablet pc. So let’s see who ends up answering your questions.

Re: Internet access by tethering the Motorola Smartphone to the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

Any Smartphone that has the wifi hot spot capability would be perfect for you.. I was successfully able to tether my iPhone with the Xyboard. It did not have any problems at all. However oif you want to do USB tethering then I can’t comment much on that because I haven’t tried it yet. You will require a usb cable the same that you use while connecting your phone to the computer. You will also require a camera connection kit that will enable USB Host mode" on the Xyboard. It would allow your tablet to detect some external storage device connected to your device. So these are the requirements that you need. As I said earlier I cant comment much on this because I haven’t given a try yet.

Dude you need to root your phone to enable usb tethering. So until and unless you root the phone you cannot tether the phone, that’s what I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    Any Smartphone that has the wifi hot spot capability would be perfect for you.. I was successfully able to tether my iPhone with the Xyboard. It did not have any problems at all. However oif you want to do USB tethering then I can’t comment much on that because I haven’t tried it yet. You will require a usb cable the same that you use while connecting your phone to the computer. You will also require a camera connection kit that will enable USB Host mode" on the Xyboard. It would allow your tablet to detect some external storage device connected to your device. So these are the requirements that you need. As I said earlier I cant comment much on this because I haven’t given a try yet.
    Ok thanks as for your reply well I would be looking forward to go with the camera connection kit to detect as a external storage for my phone. Even if it will require rooting my phone then also it is ok for me. You see I am a broker and my works involves sharing and marketing every second. So a wide use of internet. Once I get my phone tethered into this tablet then it would be certain great deal for me, however I am going forward with the usb tethering and I will definitely get back to you all. In case if I need any sort of help in the middle of the process.

Ok thanks as for your reply well I would be looking forward to go with the camera connection kit to detect as a external storage for my phone. Even if it will require rooting my phone then also it is ok for me. You see I am a broker and my works involves sharing and marketing every second. So a wide use of internet. Once I get my phone tethered into this tablet then it would be certain great deal for me, however I am going forward with the usb tethering and I will definitely get back to you all. In case if I need any sort of help in the middle of the process.
    Look dude the camera connection kit is basically an adapter which can be directly plugged into the Micro USB port on your Xyboard. So basically that camera acts as a external storage for your tablet. One advantage of having the camera connection kit into the Xyboard is that Host mode is enabled transparently. So that’s one benefit of it.

Hi have you heard of a app called as a EasyTether which is really a very impressive application. Well it allows an easy PC tethering so that you can make use of the data connectivity of your phone and that too without even rooting. Dude you can check out if it is available in the android market or not. However there is one problem that you will have to deal with this app, and the problem is that this app has a Windows component to the app so making it work between the android Smartphone and the android tablet is a real difficult thing. However if you want then you can check out this app and see if it working perfectly or not, that’s it from my side for you al.

I am putting my money on the PDAnet and I will hope that it will work for my Smartphone as well. Well PDAnet did gave impressive results when I had my tablet connected to the laptop. So I will be trying tis time with the PDAnet only and I will hope that it will give me some impressive results as well.

idea Re: Internet access by tethering the Motorola Smartphone to the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1

Why don’t you tether your phone using the Bluetooth and for that you don’t even require a mobile hotpspot as well. Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 has a feature by which when you connect it to a Smartphone with the Bluetooth, it allows you to use the phone to connect and tether to the internet. I think this feature is available in the 4G models as well as the basic wifi models as well. So you can try out this option as well. hope you did understand what I am saying here.