Thread: How to get Unlocked blackberry 9800 Torch working on TMobile with Browser

How to get Unlocked blackberry 9800 Torch working on TMobile with Browser

I have found no solution in this case and I suppose you will help in finding or suggesting some means in my topic. So I need some simple instructions for manually installing the TMobile Service Books on my blackberry 9800 Bold. In addition to this , can I get some means in which you will be able to unlock 9800 Torch working on TMobile with Browser, along with UMA as well as DM Tethering.

re: How to get Unlocked blackberry 9800 Torch working on TMobile with Browser

Yes, it is possible with what you said and I have some information as you will require Desktop Manager 6 installed. along with this one, the BIS browser may also be essential for a while with the 9800 if you have loaded OS6.

Guys, I will provide some logs with which you will be able to understand the topic well. So reading the BIS Connection and BIS Browser here is some info.
    1. you need to download and unzip the TMobile Service Books. Be sure with remember where you unzipped the folder to as you will require it afterward.
    2. after that, make certain your TMobile sim card has been inserted in the Torch. Then you need to move in the Options and then to the Device >> Advanced System Settings >> finally to the TCP/IP.
    3. You need to set that as follows.
    4. APN: epc.tmobile.com
    5. Username: < Leave Blank >
    6. Password < Leave Blank >
    7. and then go in the Options and then to the Device and then to the Advanced System Settings and finally to the Service Book.
    8. Do the following:
    9. You need to type alt + s-b-e-b. You will not see anything as you type this but when you're done you should be able to see a message which will say as "Legacy SB Restore Enabled." You need to click on OK finally.
    10. afterwards , you will have to plug in the Torch to your PC along with open Desktop Manager
    11. go to Device and then have a restore.

12. near the middle of the Restore Window, you need to click the radio button which is next to "Select device data and settings" and under that confirm that "Data Type" along with "Service Books" boxes are checked.
    13. you need to click on the "Restore" button and you will be provoked that "Your current data will be replaced." And then finally click "Yes."
    14. after you have the restore you are able to disconnect the device.
    15. On the device , you need to go to the "Setup" icon. And then make a selection of "Email Accounts." Select "Internet Mail Account." Press the menu key and choose "Service Books." Click "Send Service Books." And after this the result will be that , it will resend your email service books.

As said by the previous post , it is all said correctly and all are working as also BIS working along with UMA working but why I am not able to connect to DM6 and get the automatic Tether options? Can you provide further means.

I will say that the ATT blocks tethering with Desktop Manager. And though, with a simple edit of an xml file we are able to add that feature back so you are able to Tether your AT&T 9800 unlocked on TMobile.

I have some information reading this case and all I need to tell you the following mentioned process.
    1. You need to install DM6. You can get that in the Desktop Manager
    2. you also need to make sure that the Desktop Manager is closed.
    3. you also need to make a search in your computer, including hidden files as well as folders for the following file: ip_modem_configuration.xml

Thanks for the above post as it has really helped me to solve my issue but I need to mention that there is another option in which you are able to solve the issue.

• You need to right click on the xml file and choose "Open With" and choose "Word Pad." You can make use of any text editor you desire but Word Pad looks as if to open it in a decent format.

then you need to look for the following:

<carrier uid="102" id="AT&amp;T" enabled="false">
    <vendorid>102</vendorid>
    <supportednetwork>GSM</supportednetwork>
    <apn>isp.cingular</apn>
    </carrier>

And you require to make some change in the following:

<carrier uid="102" id="T-Mobile US" enabled="true">
    <vendorid>102</vendorid>
    <supportednetwork>GSM</supportednetwork>
    <apn>epc.tmobile.com</apn>
    </carrier>

• You need to open DM6 along with make a connection with the USB cable.

Yes I have tried this solution and you are able to see "Mobile Internet" at the bottom left of the DM main screen. You need to click on that and just make use of the default Setup info on the screen. It should list "T_mobile US" and should effort usually.