Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links



Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Portable Devices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 45
Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?
  

I don?t know if I will get answers for my question or not. However I want to know if Ethernet is supported in this tablet or not, that?s what I want to know from you all,. I want the Ethernet support so that I can connect the tablet to an to an HAIPE/Type1 device for a secure wireless connection. So I just want to ask this people out here if anyone has tried Ethernet connectivity in their tablets or not? if you all have given a try then I want to know from you all, as if what is the exact method that you had followed,, do reply on the same. I am waiting for the replies.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 80
Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
I don?t know if I will get answers for my question or not. However I want to know if Ethernet is supported in this tablet or not, that?s what I want to know from you all,. I want the Ethernet support so that I can connect the tablet to an to an HAIPE/Type1 device for a secure wireless connection. So I just want to ask this people out here if anyone has tried Ethernet connectivity in their tablets or not? if you all have given a try then I want to know from you all, as if what is the exact method that you had followed,, do reply on the same. I am waiting for the replies.
Well if you read the Xyboard user guide properly then it is clearly mentioned that in order to access the Ethernet connectivity in your tablet you should go to the settings and inside it in the wireless and network screen. You will find the "Ethernet settings" and "Ethernet [status]" options out there from there you will need to work out on your own. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 45
Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellen!camp View Post
Well if you read the Xyboard user guide properly then it is clearly mentioned that in order to access the Ethernet connectivity in your tablet you should go to the settings and inside it in the wireless and network screen. You will find the "Ethernet settings" and "Ethernet [status]" options out there from there you will need to work out on your own. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here.
Dude I know that but they haven?t mentioned anything about the RJ45 "jack" in the tablet, so is there any RJ45 "jack" in the tablet? I want to access Ethernet in the tablet via. USB dongle will I be able to do that? What are your words on this?

Please reply.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 92
Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

I have a good news for you all. The good news is that The Android kernel supports Ethernet connectivity but the equal bad news for you is that the Honeycomb OS after 3.2.2 is not supporting the Ethernet adapters. So all I can say is that kernel does supports it but not the OS. Now my hopes are on the ICS. Hope the update would allow me to connect with the Ethernet. That?s what I can hope for.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,856
cool Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
I don?t know if I will get answers for my question or not. However I want to know if Ethernet is supported in this tablet or not, that?s what I want to know from you all,. I want the Ethernet support so that I can connect the tablet to an to an HAIPE/Type1 device for a secure wireless connection. So I just want to ask this people out here if anyone has tried Ethernet connectivity in their tablets or not? if you all have given a try then I want to know from you all, as if what is the exact method that you had followed,, do reply on the same. I am waiting for the replies.
Well I have tried connecting my Xyboard with the USB Ethernet adapter and I have seen that it works perfectly in my case. However just want to inform you all that my tablet is running on a Android 3.2 and is completely updated.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 45
unsure Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatien View Post
Well I have tried connecting my Xyboard with the USB Ethernet adapter and I have seen that it works perfectly in my case. However just want to inform you all that my tablet is running on a Android 3.2 and is completely updated.
Ok that?s a great news but can you tell me which adapter and cables have you used while connecting, that will be better for me. It is very important to know that without which I cant proceed ahead. Hoping to get some replies from you all on this.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,856
Re: Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
Ok that?s a great news but can you tell me which adapter and cables have you used while connecting, that will be better for me. It is very important to know that without which I cant proceed ahead. Hoping to get some replies from you all on this.
Here is a link for the adapter do order it from the online store and as far as the question of the cable is concerned then I would say you better use the right angle OTG cable since they are less prone to being broken off from the bottom end of the tablet. if you need to have a look at the wire then you can check out the following link you will get all the necessary information accordingly. I hope its fine and clear for you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Does Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 support Ethernet connectivity?"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motoprint on Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 Kshala.Ray Portable Devices 6 21-07-2014 11:40 AM
Internet access by tethering the Motorola Smartphone to the Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 Mithi Portable Devices 8 02-04-2012 05:50 PM
Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1reboots on its own Prem-Din Portable Devices 7 02-04-2012 11:17 AM
Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 is not turning on . Iraqat Portable Devices 3 31-03-2012 02:59 AM
Will Motorola DROID XYBOARD 8.2 support external storage? GanMan Portable Devices 2 11-01-2012 03:59 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:39 PM.