Thread: Spending $800 for a Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 tablet was a total waste

Spending $800 for a Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 tablet was a total waste

I recently got this tablet for $800 initially it looked great to me but as soon as I got to know about the other tablets that are much better than this I am cursing myself why the hell did I spent so much money on this particular tablet? this tablet hasn’t got a ICS yet and many other tablets have got a ICS. Really jealous to see some of my friends enjoying different applications in this new phone and I am stuck with the old version of OS. I also can’t use the new version of Google chrome because it works only with the ICS. Also from the past few days I have been seeing a random rebooting this tablet. The tablet does gets rebooted often and I don’t know what to do now?

It would have been better if I could have gone ahead with some other products from Samsung as well as Sony. Why the hell did I stuck to this product, now I don’t have any option rather than to stick with this particular product.

Re: Spending $800 for a Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 tablet was a total waste

Quote Originally Posted by Mithi View Post
    I recently got this tablet for $800 initially it looked great to me but as soon as I got to know about the other tablets that are much better than this I am cursing myself why the hell did I spent so much money on this particular tablet? this tablet hasn’t got a ICS yet and many other tablets have got a ICS. Really jealous to see some of my friends enjoying different applications in this new phone and I am stuck with the old version of OS. I also can’t use the new version of Google chrome because it works only with the ICS. Also from the past few days I have been seeing a random rebooting this tablet. The tablet does gets rebooted often and I don’t know what to do now?

It would have been better if I could have gone ahead with some other products from Samsung as well as Sony. Why the hell did I stuck to this product, now I don’t have any option rather than to stick with this particular product.
    You should have thought about this before when you were going to purchase this tablet. now coming into this forum and cursing this tablet wouldn’t do any great deal to you. It better to wait for the ICS update because many of the companies who had opted for the ICS early eventually are now facing problems with it. they are having major issues with it resulting in returns, recalls. So you should feel lucky that Verizon and Motorola are first testing the OS in their device and then will be planning to release it later. So better the testing better it would be for the tablet. if you are facing random reboots then look into this thread for more solutions.

See its always better to wait and watch rather than jump for every new thing that comes in the market, they could be new but they can also be defunct as well. They could bring in several of bugs along with them. I know many of my friends who were lured by the manufacturer in the name of ICs tablets and when they got it they were really upset with the performance and hence they had to sell them back off. So if you aren’t happy with this tablet then sell them off. It’s a good tablet and Verizon is planning to get an ICS update for this tablet then why are you in so much hurry, wait till the ICS comes out. You wont complain then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithi View Post

I just want to know apart from ICS and rebooting do you have any issues with the tablet? that’s what I want to know from you, so what do you have to say about this?

smile Re: Spending $800 for a Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 tablet was a total waste

Frankly speaking I don’t have any problems with the tablet. it is a good source of entertainment for my little niece who is just 3 years old. The battery lasts longer and also I have checked out some of the useful applications in my tablet. it looks worth every money. I don’t have any issues with the ICS in fact I am thinking that longer it takes better it is for me. As far as the random rebooting is concerned I am not facing any such issues in my Xyboard. So I consider myself lucky over here. the only thing that mattered me was the charging light, it never works even if I plug in or not. so how am I supposed to know that the tablet is under charging or not, that’s what I am thinking? No complains apart from that but if you all know some trick behind these then don’t forget to share this with me. I would be interested in knowing more about the same.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    Frankly speaking I don’t have any problems with the tablet. it is a good source of entertainment for my little niece who is just 3 years old. The battery lasts longer and also I have checked out some of the useful applications in my tablet. it looks worth every money. I don’t have any issues with the ICS in fact I am thinking that longer it takes better it is for me. As far as the random rebooting is concerned I am not facing any such issues in my Xyboard. So I consider myself lucky over here. the only thing that mattered me was the charging light, it never works even if I plug in or not. so how am I supposed to know that the tablet is under charging or not, that’s what I am thinking? No complains apart from that but if you all know some trick behind these then don’t forget to share this with me. I would be interested in knowing more about the same.

Thanks in advance.
    Dude yes that’s a strange thing in this tablet the charging light will never come up unless and until you have utilized the entire battery of the tablet. If you have 0%, the white charging LED will turn on even if the battery is 2 or 3% the battery led light will never come up. S when you plug in the charger to charge the tablet the tablet will get charged and the only way to get to know is by looking at the battery symbol in the bottom right of the screen.

I am just wondering when lower end tablets like Xoom and Xoom 2 can get an ICs update why cant Xyboard 10.1 get the ICS? That’s something that is there in my mind and wanted to tell you all but don’t know what’s wrong with Motorola?

Quote Originally Posted by M@ndy View Post
    I am just wondering when lower end tablets like Xoom and Xoom 2 can get an ICs update why cant Xyboard 10.1 get the ICS? That’s something that is there in my mind and wanted to tell you all but don’t know what’s wrong with Motorola?
    First of all only Motorola Xoom and not Xoom 2 has got the ICS update. secondly Motorola Xoom i.e. only non-Verizon version devices did got this update and not the Verizon types. Xoom was a "Google Experience Device" so that’s why majority of its control was under Google and Google only was responsible for carrying out any updates for the devices and not the carriers of that device. The ICS update did bring in some problems to their devices hence any of them have decided to return it back. Now don’t tell that Xoom is a lower end tablet it has a Tegra 2 core, which has ICS code readily available from Nvidia. The reason why Xyboard has been delayed is because it has a TI OMAP internals and I don’t know how ICs will adjust with that cores?

ohmy Re: Spending $800 for a Motorola Droid Xyboard 10.1 tablet was a total waste

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    The reason why Xyboard has been delayed is because it has a TI OMAP internals and I don’t know how ICs will adjust with that cores?
    So does it mean ICS will take more time than we are expecting to come to the Xyboartd, if that turns out to be true then I am looking forward for some other tablets in the mean time. that’s it. no more xyboard for me.