Thread: Gobi 3000 WWAN location sensor not working with Sony vaio vpc-z21 running windows 7

Gobi 3000 WWAN location sensor not working with Sony vaio vpc-z21 running windows 7

I have recently bought Sony VPC-Z21 laptop in which I have windows 7 operating system. I am facing problem with Gobi 3000. In my laptop Gobi 3000 WWAN location sensor is not working. I don’t know what is wrong with my laptop. Please help to solve this problem.

Re: Gobi 3000 WWAN location sensor not working with Sony vaio vpc-z21 running windows 7

I will first suggest you to open start menu and then select control panel. Now after selecting control panel you have to select all control panel items. Now after that you have to go to the Location and Other Sensors. After that you have to check whether sensor is installed there or not?

Re: Gobi 3000 WWAN location sensor not working with Sony vaio vpc-z21 running windows 7

When I go to control panel and then select Location and Other Sensors at that time it shows 'no sensors are installed”. does this required any specific application or this problem is related to drivers. Any help will be appreciated.

To solve this problem you have to install Vaio Smart Network app in your laptop and then you will not get any problem with this. I am suggesting this because I was also facing same problem with my Sony laptop and then I have tried to search the solution on internet but I didn’t get any help. Now after that I have come to know that to make Gobi 3000 WWAN location sensor working properly I have to install Vaio Smart Network app in my laptop. now after that I have installed Vaio Smart Network app in my laptop and after doing that my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution. After installing Vaio Smart Network app also if you get same problem then let me know.

After looking at above solution I have installed Vaio Smart Network app in my laptop and after installing that in my laptop and then Gobi 3000 WWAN location sensor started working properly. Thank you for helping me.