Thread: .bbb file backed up on mywindows 7 instead of .ipd on Blackberry 9800

.bbb file backed up on mywindows 7 instead of .ipd on Blackberry 9800

I keep on experimenting on the my system with my blackberry device and so as my system is with windows 7 operating system and I was experimenting on backing up of my information and what I was with that , it backed up to a .BBB file instead of the .IPD file. And I am with issue that it says , there is no way to convert it when I was making some attempts to restore the information. So can you find any information which will be useful in your case and will solve my issue .

re: .bbb file backed up on mywindows 7 instead of .ipd on Blackberry 9800

I was also having similar issue and as found from some sites , it came to my view that downloading a beta version of Desktop Manager 7 will solve your issue and you will not have any issues after this one. Hope this helps you.

Guys, I have some more information in this case as I can see more of the guys with this issue and the earlier posts says it correctly but there are less chances that this will work, so , all you need is to make use of the BlackBerry Backup Extractor tool so that you are able to easily recover your data from your .bbb backup. And you will find this to be working fast and easy to make use of.

Can you guys sort it for me as my issue relates to this in every aspect. So I was making some attempts to backup my ipod so i am able to print a few of my sms messages, but the desktop software backups the files as a .bbb, which I have heard is what it does on a mac. but I am now on a pc , so i don’t have any idea what is the issue in this case . I am in fact not able to extract any of the messages as all the third party programs read .ipds. are you guys knowing some process to make it backup by making use of the proper file format?

Can you guys sort it for me as my issue relates to this in every aspect. So I was making some attempts to backup my ipod so i am able to print a few of my sms messages, but the desktop software backups the files as a .bbb, which I have heard is what it does on a mac. but I am now on a pc , so i don’t have any idea what is the issue in this case . I am in fact not able to extract any of the messages as all the third party programs read .ipds. are you guys knowing some process to make it backup by making use of the proper file format?
    I need to say you that this is the new format that the Mac has been making use of for a while now.The .bbb file is basically a compressed edition of the .ipd file which is permitting to take up less space. And this is the latest BlackBerry backup format but you are able to easily recover data from your .bbb backup just by making use of the BlackBerry Backup Extractor accessible for Windows along with Mac too, and it really works .

I got that because of installing the most recent beta Desktop Manager. And in this case, I simply made an uninstall of the Desktop Manager along with made an downgrade . BlackBerry 9800 on Tapatalk. If it's still appropriate, you are able to recover data from your .bbb backup, in an very easy and simple manner by making use of the BlackBerry Backup Extractor. And I will add further that the BlackBerry Desktop Software 7 creates theses .BBB v2 files for Windows also.