Thread: How to install winamp on creative ZEN touch 2

How to install winamp on creative ZEN touch 2

I was much interested in creative ZEN touch 2 and as my friend suggested to make a purchase of this phone I made a purchase and I am quite happy with it. Then after some days , I was willing to move my audiobooks over and thought of listening to them. As they come in Disc, I require to get faultless play by making use of a playlist. I have no idea regarding this case as I am a newbie and have not been able to locate some instructions on how to create or else associate playlist with every book. I had the idea that downloading the Winamp app and making some installation of it will do help in some instances. Also tried to make an install of it on several occasions. But it came to my notice that that it looks like it is being installed, and a message "Not Installed" pops up. So I want to inquire you all guys to suggest some good ways to get winamp installed on my touch 2?

re: How to install winamp on creative ZEN touch 2

I8 was also having similar issues in my case and as I wanted to do the same task you are opting to do , I myself was facing similar issues and to solve this one , all I did is made some attempts with synching the books to the Touch by creating a playlist in Windows Media Player as well as then synching that playlist to the Touch. It did solved my issue and I am not able to do what I opted for. I was then trying for working for music and it does work well and also should work for books too.

I am having some suggestions in this case and I make use of Music app so that I am able to create my playlist.
    so all you require is to run , music app and then:
    1. You need to play a song or else audio book.
    2. You need to pause as well as Tap option button.
    3.you need to make a choice for add to Playlist.
    4. Then choose new as well as make a name or else any playlist that you wish for.
    5. Then add an additional track that you wish for.

According to me, I suppose that Winamp is not compatible with android 1.6, correspondingly the original firmware. As a substitute for winamp , there is a build in music player which works very well for me along with for a music player called Gonemad which is still in procedure of emerging but according to me Winamp just works just right. You are able to download it and play it successfully on any version. And see to that you don’t have the version 1.6.

Hey , I was also concerning to the similar issue and as everyone knows that the winnamp proves to be great in every case to play and shuffle music so I was also attempting to install the same but as per your previous reply, this is a problem with 1.6 devices. And I will add further that frequently audioplayer-apps working with android +2.x simply. And I have found another one which is Gonemad , where I can say that it is a "problem solver" and it seems, his player will be great in any case. So few days later after I have known the exact procedure of installing it , I have made installation and it works great. so I would suggest that you should also try with this one and then post the results of the same .

I have also found some similar discussions previously and they are they are saying it right and yes, there is an Alpha version of Froyo for our Archos but it is not the one I could live with, and the working of mp3 playback id fine in this case and it is good enough and also if the version 1.6 does not support the winnamp why to go with the only winamp as there are more such appsa which will work in your case and I mean to say that the Gonemad also workd fine in my case and it the best which I have ever had.

As I found this information form some official site and it has came into my view that winamp is one of the biggest reward of using Winamp to direct music on your Android phone or else device is that as well as the standard USB sync, Winamp for Android supports wireless desktop sync. To obtain benefit of this characteristic, you'll require to install together the Winamp for Android as well as the latest Winamp Media Player for your PC. And according to me, I will only go for winnamp as Winamp is now obtainable for Android devices as well as presents a total music management way out.

I will provide some appropriate steps which will help you in making an proper installation of winnamp.
    1. So on your Android device, you need to download Winamp for Android.
    2. When you at first start on the application you'll observeā€¯Winamp Help" screen. You need to click on the "Wi-Fi Sync" button as well as subsequent to the onscreen instructions. If you are not able to see the Winamp assist screen, you need to simply launch Winamp and from the Home screen , you will require to press the Menu button (hard button),and then in the "Settings" as well as "Enable wireless sync".
    3. You also need to make sure your PC as well as Android phone are on the same Wi-Fi network.
    4. From your PC, you will require to download as well as install Winamp Standard (free) or else Winamp Pro (premium). Version 5.6 or later is necessary. Please make a note of that Wi-Fi sync through Winamp for Android will not labor with "Winamp Lite". After launching Winamp you will be provoked to "Add Media to Library" or else "Import from iTunes".
    5. From the Media Library tab, choose "Devices" in the navigation panel which will be present on the left-hand side of screen.
    6. Your Android device should at the present be noticeable in the "Discovered" area of the "Devices" view. If not, you also require to click the "Discover" button. You'll also desire to be certain that your device is not in sleep mode.
    7. The "Discovered" view simply points to accessible devices. To sync with your device, you will initially have to attach it.
    8. So if you are tending to make some attachment with the device, you need to double click on your device icon This will send a pairing notice to your device.
    9. After clicking "Attach", a notification will be sent from the Winamp Media Player to your Android device which will prompt you and will tend to ask you if you would like to permit Wi-Fi pairing. And then you will require to click allow.
    10. Once you have chosen "Allow", you should at the present see your device in the "Attached" area of the "Devices" view. as well, you will observe your device name coming into view which is under the "Devices" node in navigation panel.

11. at the present your Wi-Fi set-up is absolute and you are prepared for wireless syncing.

In addition, I have tried with that one and you as well have the alternative of setting up your Preferences by right-clicking on your device or else by moving to the Options and then to the Preferences further to portables >> and then finally Device Name. so in this way you are able to solve your issue.

So really thanks for the reply as I have sorted out everything and after checking entire process of yours. First of all I made sure that it was not version of 1.6 as it has been previously said that this version was not supported and then also made some installation of Gonemad but I was not really satisfied with it so I made an installation of it after I was with proper installation of this winnamp. So I should also recommend you to follow the entire steps and it will be all OK in your case.