Thread: Reappearing of Unwanted Icons on Blackberry 9900

Reappearing of Unwanted Icons on Blackberry 9900

As I have recently purchased the blackberry 9900 and have experimented with some most recent apps in the store, it has came that I am with a number of problems as there are a number of unwanted Icons which tend to keep reappearing and in this case , I have upgraded my software to version 7.0.0.374 previous week. at present, almost each day, VZ Navigator, Bing, along with Maps reappear. And after hiding all this icons, the next day they come back again. What could be the exact reason behind this, please suggest some appropriate solution . thanks.

Re: Reappearing of Unwanted Icons on Blackberry 9900

I have found some simple solution which will help in your case. You need to create a folder on your home screen and name it "Junk" and then you need to scroll to each unwanted icon and then press the Menu key followed by move to Folder and then you simply move it to the "Junk" folder. You need to do that for each you don't wish for. Now , all you need to do is to scroll to that "Junk" folder and choose Menu and then finally Hide.

I also had this issue recently and as I have found that this issue will solved when you will make some attempts in the options and then to the advanced options and to service book. In addition , you will come in view that the service book will lists all the active apps along with hit the blackberry menu button to delete.

Guys , I am having same issues with the apps which you are mentioning. So are you guys have same issues with VZNavigator as well as Bing icon randomly reappearing? I hide these icons on my main screen about some couple of times each day but they tend to come and keep popping back? Are you guys having additional ideas as I have tried with the previous solutions and it did not worked.

Guys , I am having same issues with the apps which you are mentioning. So are you guys have same issues with VZNavigator as well as Bing icon randomly reappearing? I hide these icons on my main screen about some couple of times each day but they tend to come and keep popping back? Are you guys having additional ideas as I have tried with the previous solutions and it did not worked.
    I tried with one and hope this one helps you . so to tell regarding this case, they are pushed by service books. i for all time put all the unwanted icons into a folder, followed by hide the whole folder. leaving single icons hidden possibly will allow them reappear. but , in this case , once they are in a folder, and then hidden , there is a less possibility of icons appearing again.

As you are with unwanted Icons keep reappearing , I need to say that It's an OS bug in OS7. And regarding this matter , you are able to put them in a folder and then hide the folder, furthermore you will not be able to see them when they reappear. Easy and simple.

I have some final solutions which you can try with .
    1. You need to go to the area you want to the hide icon(s) in.
    2. Then scroll to the icon you wish to hide with the trackball.
    3. You need to press the Blackberry Menu button.
    4. Then after scrolling to the "Hide" option on the Blackberry Menu Button. You will be with an icon
    5. To bring the Icon back, you need to click the Blackberry Menu button once more.
    6. A transparent edition of hidden icon will tend to appear. You need to scroll to it, and then press the Blackberry Menu button once more. Then click the "Hide" again.
    7. The icon will no longer tend to be hidden.
    8. make a note on one thing that you uncheck the "Show All" button so none of your hidden icons are showing.