Thread: Motorola droid Xyboard 10.1: Battery behaving in a weird manner

Motorola droid Xyboard 10.1: Battery behaving in a weird manner

My battery has started behaving very weirdly in recent times. I kept my PC on charge the other day and the device status showed “Charging”. But for hours it did not really get charged. When I removed it, it showed 50% charged. I attempted to browse internet when it showed the Batter Low warning and before I could even plug it, it shut down. I plugged it back and restarted the device to read 100% battery.

What is the reason behind this peculiar behavior? I have done my part of research by reading documents and related forums and all but could not find the solution that I was looking for. I finally thought of opening this thread. I hope, I finally find someone with similar experience and a solution to this weird behavior of my device.

re: Motorola droid Xyboard 10.1: Battery behaving in a weird manner

This is actually quite annoying! I have started experiencing this since yesterday too. Let me list down the list of incidents that I faced.
    - My batter showed 30 % in the evening. I kept it on charging
    - Few hours later it showed 100%
    - I unplugged it, left from office when I reached home it was 50%
    - My daughter played some games on it and it came down to 30%
    - I again put it on charging, a couple of hours later it showed: 50%
    - Next morning when I checked my plugged in device it again showed 50%
    - I restarted the device to see the status as 80% and another reboot made it 100%
    Now what is all these supposed to mean? Irritating stuff, I tell you

Easy guys! Stop getting hyper.
    The reason behind this is that android actually has a file which keeps a track on battery usage, applications that consume battery, charging details etc to estimate the battery status percentage. When this file goes out of hand, that is when you get results out of this world. It is senseless to try rectifying this. Instead google for this android application called ‘Calibration’, download and install it on your device. it deletes entire past battery history to and will start tracking actual battery use fresh again.

Instead google for this android application called ‘Calibration’
    Your suggestion and recommendations are appreciated and I read about the application that you said. It sounds cool except for the fact that it requires rooting. I am in no plans to root my system under any circumstance.
    I hope, I finally find someone with similar experience and a solution to this weird behavior of my device.
    I think ICS upgradation should solve our issue once and for all. For now, we can do nothing but try out some other temporary solution. A note to other readers: Don’t feel pity on me when I list down what I usually do. :p
    I first charge it, then I unplug it to reboot, then I charge unplug and reboot and then I charge it till it shows “100%” after reboot. And still the battery life sucks!