Thread: Sony needs improve Sound/speaker Quality of Vaio Z laptops

Sony needs improve Sound/speaker Quality of Vaio Z laptops

Currently there are 2 Vaio's at my home. In both case sound quality of the vaio z1 and z2 are horrific. It is really unacceptable for this price range laptop. Beforehand I was using a SZ38GP and speakers are significantly better but not perfect. I assume that sony vaio developers should point thing out an find a good solution on their next release. I don’t know about other vaio series sound quality but if anyone enlighten it here, it would be helpful for others. I have suffered a lot due to this.

Re: Sony needs improve Sound/speaker Quality of Vaio Z laptops

Anyway, can you tell how did you recognize the sound quality or speaker quality in your Sony laptop?

What program or application you use to generate sound?

Did you configure the sound settings properly in the speaker control panel?

Do you have all updated audio drivers installed?

Did you check the sound quality in external speakers or headphones?

What OS you are running on the laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraD View Post
    Anyway, can you tell how did you recognize the sound quality or speaker quality in your Sony laptop?

What program or application you use to generate sound?

Did you configure the sound settings properly in the speaker control panel?

Do you have all updated audio drivers installed?

Did you check the sound quality in external speakers or headphones?

What OS you are running on the laptop?

I am just saying it generally. Not indicating about any major issue or something. It happens usually when I tune up the volume on Vaio Z. it somewhat sound like it can pierce your ear.

Did you find the same thing with the newer model or older ones?

Sometimes it is quite difficult to get pleasant bass pumping through these it. Bass makes quite irritating noise. If I connect the provided noise-cancelling headphones the sound is tolerable. But the speakers on its own are barely tolerable; like the sound of fingernails scratching a blackboard.

Sony that has been problematic in recent times. These laptops are very well made, nice finish, good length in time (as everywhere, there are exceptions). For a time these machines were suffering and choices made by Sony, technologies related to their house: for example, the drive was limited to DVD + R, the card reader was limited to the Memory Stick. But it has evolved, in the right direction. In addition, Sony provides a lot of software. And performance side, it's not bad at all. But generally I think that it all depends on the configuration too. The price is bit higher than average.

• If the problem into the socket, check the audio settings in the Control Panel.
    • Check the sound from the 3.5-mm jack comes with a headset.
    • If the problem still unsolved? Install new drivers. New audio drivers are often available from the manufacturer's website.

There is a configuration problem. Realtek, at the request of Sony and its time at the request of the RIAA and at their discretion, have made a mod of your drivers. In short, these options have been disabled in Windows Vista to prevent a "backdoor" allowing copyrighted music recorded in high quality. I have been researching various solutions on my own. I'm investigating other methods that are modifying the driver, but do not really understand driver architecture, and it is difficult to locate where the "castrated"

I have got the same problem with my sony Vaio laptop and sometimes I have found no sound. During the next reboot only it gets fixed. But I have solved the problem actually.
    • First of all go to the SONY website > support / VAIO / VAIO Media / download.
    • Go to the download / Drivers and utilities section.
    • Select the model and just download the ORIGINAL AUDIO DRIVER.
    • Now go into the subdirectory UAA High Definition Audi Driver Class
    • Launch the only possible application that allows Windows to detect your audio device installed on the motherboard
    • Then return to the main directory and run setup.exe to install the corresponding driver.