Thread: How to connect dual HDMI monitors to Sony Vaio S

How to connect dual HDMI monitors to Sony Vaio S

I want to configure a dual monitor setup on my laptop. Currently I am using brand new Sony Vaio S. to it I would like to connect 1080p monitors. The problem is, the laptop has only one HDMI port and a VGA port. I don’t have any idea about using the VGA port because I don’t think that it provides Good image quality at full resolution. What can I do?

Re: How to connect dual HDMI monitors to Sony Vaio S

From the past few days I have hearing that it is not possible to use the HDMI and VGA ports simultaneously on the Sony Vaio SA or SE series laptops. It is really a bad news. It seems to me that you have to use a DVI-->HDMI adaptor. They might be compatible both ways unless 120Hz 3D Vision monitor.

Do you know why I have asked about it? This is because currently I own an old Acer TM8200 which is connected to my brand new 23" Samsung 1080p monitor and it is then extended to an older 22" 1680x1050 monitor. The new 23" Samsung monitor lacking a DVI in, so I need to use a VGA on that one. Whereas the older one has a DVI. I have observed that VGA is not so good. The new Vaio S doesn't have a DVI out. For that I need to use both the VGA and HDMI other some splitter/adapter like thing.

You are talking about 3 monitors at the same time so one thing. I would limit it to two. Either the laptop external display, plus a monitor. Or the two external monitors, but without the internal display. This lets you change the power saving options that when the cover is not taken. Then cover and set up the monitors.

As far as I know that the PMD also contain two video outputs (one HDMI and one VGA). You can use both simultaneously, like one of the ports directly off the laptop ((either HDMI or VGA). With this you can have 3 external monitors with same display. But you cannot use the both of the video ports simultaneously (with/without PMD). It seems to me like a licensing issue.