Thread: How to fix Dell Wifi 1505 Wlan Mini Card Connectivity on Dell Vostro 1500

How to fix Dell Wifi 1505 Wlan Mini Card Connectivity on Dell Vostro 1500

I received a new Dell Vostro 1500 laptop for fixing the connectivity issue. It is owned by my teacher who purchase it just some week before. Now the issue is that he is not able to connect wifi network on it. It has a Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card inside. When the laptop is ON the icon on system tray about the connectivity just freezes on acquiring network address. But when connected the internet is very slow. Sometime the browser freezes and crashes. So I tried to check the router ping time. It showed me more than thousand. Sometime in between there is request timeout error or host not reachable but again after few minutes I can get regular ping. My wifi router is connected with 2mbps internet line. I use the same on my desktop via cable connection and it works smoothly. But on the wifi it does not work properly.

Re: How to fix Dell Wifi 1505 Wlan Mini Card Connectivity on Dell Vostro 1500

That is a very poor performance of wifi network. It can due to outdated driver. You have to update the wifi driver once and then check back. Anyhow it looks that you are connected. Is there any security service like firewall blocking the connectivity. Just disable the same and check back.

It looks that the new laptop is not better for wifi network. This issue must never appear on new system. There are number of reason why a wifi network gives you poor output. It can be due to incompatible hardware, or poor signal strength, or high distance between the router and system. In my view first disable your router security policies if any. Second carry the laptop near to the router and then try to reconnect. Ping the router and check that you can see any difference in the ping rate. Go in device manager and right click on the wifi device and choose properties. See that there is any error mentioned in the below box. If not just right click on the device and click on update drivers. You can also try to uninstall it first and then re-install it back again.

I have a basic thing to share here. I faced this issue with my laptop also and what I did is updated my routers firmware. After that I can get a much higher speed on the
    aptop than before. It is looks your wifi hardware or network is not properly tuned.

The problem persist in the card itself. You cannot do anything to fix it out. I had messed with a inspiron laptop which as a similar card to fix the wifi issue. I had disabled my antivirus, stopped the updates, re-installed card and did a lot more thing. Then to ensure that there is no issue with my router or network I connect a cable connection which worked very smoothly. The most you can do is try to work with the drivers. But if that also does not work then you will need to contact dell for a replacement. Contact the dell customer support and ask for help. They will provide you steps to troubleshoot the issue, and if that does not work then you can simply carry the system to dell service center and fix it.

It is not a hardware fault what I think. The issue lies with inappropriate drivers. Get a proper driver and then check. It will work surely.