Thread: Dell XPS 8300 does not connect to Broadcom Netlink Communication card on first boot

Dell XPS 8300 does not connect to Broadcom Netlink Communication card on first boot

I am facing a issue with Broadcom Netlink Communication card while using it on Dell XPS 8300 laptop. When I try to connect the system on a network via this card, it does not detect it all. I have a another desktop which I am trying to connect with the laptop. First I had fixed the card and it was detected as plug and play device. I worked fine and on reboot it was detected first. Later on when I again reboot the system it was not detected. I have to restart my system a number of time to get this thing work. After a couple of hours the card appears suddenly. Does the card is faulty. It must be connected on the first time only. If this thing continuous then I am not able to share files between my systems. What should I do to fix this out. Thanks.

Re: Dell XPS 8300 does not connect to Broadcom Netlink Communication card on first boot

Did you tried to find the card in Dell Test Tool. This tool will help you to detect the broadcom card. If still it is not listed in this tool then there are two possible reasons. First either the card is not connect properly or it is faulty. Check in other system that is detected or not.

Re: Dell XPS 8300 does not connect to Broadcom Netlink Communication card on first boot

The issue can be because of drivers also. Sometime due to old or outdated drivers, the card losses the connectivity. You must check that card is fixed properly and you are using the more recent driver. You can found the driver on the manufacturer links. Download the driver and update the same. Run windows update if possible. You can find some fixes for the same on the site. The card is buggy with the laptop. It is detected after several reboots. The card is facing some interface issue with the laptop. You must check the compatibility list before buying it. Your motherboard specification can give you proper answer on the same. I will recommend you to go for a usb network card that can be used to share files between your desktop and laptop. It also works fine with regular speed that you get on the Ethernet card. Look on the web there are ample of models available.

I had a old laptop which has this similar issue. After rebooting the system a number of time I can see the card detected. Later on I found that the issue lies with the wifi. When the wifi is one the laptop does not recognize the card. After disabling it it worked.

The issue can be fix by making settings to the power management in control panel. Another thing you can do is removing Dell support center from your laptop. I do not understand what is the connection of this with the Ethernet card issue, but I had found this thing works. When I face that I issue I started removing each stuff from Add/Remove programs. After getting rid of everything I had also uninstall the card from device manager. Then reconnected the card and installed chipset and broadcom driver of Dell XPS 8300 laptop. Once everything was installed I had restarted the system and checked it was working. I did not disappear like before. This can be a fix if you can try out. But do not forget to keep the chipset drivers ready with you. This comes in laptop disc or you can download from the official site also.

What I think the card is faulty. You must change that. There a ample of network cards with comes with usb interface. You can use them for temporary purpose.

Dell support center cannot be issue with this. It looks clear issue of incompatible hardware. You can try the best to delete the old drivers and get new one and if still that does not work you can do nothing much on the same. You will need to change the card and it is new you can ask for a replacement. Check from your bios that you had not disabled any integrated chipset feature.