Thread: Poor battery life of Sony Vaio SA

Poor battery life of Sony Vaio SA

does anyone here notice this issue, this problem is with the battery life of my Sony Vaio SA. The thing is that the website advertises shows that it has 7 hrs of batter life but I am only getting roughly 2.5 to 3.5 hrs . . I've got the display on about 75% brightness, plus was downloading updates as well as installing software. I have done the a few battery drains and recharges and now the battery meter is showing 52,170 mWh and complete Lifetime of only about one hours. Is there any one here know anything about this I will be really appreciating this .

Re: Poor battery life of Sony Vaio SA

Last year I bought a Sony Vaio. After four months was the performance of the battery is already back. After 6 months the battery was only 15 minutes. When I went about complaining to the supplier I was told that there is only 6 months warranty on the battery (state otherwise in the conditions). So was just too late.

They have been sending the laptop to Sony with the request to replace the battery. Unfortunately, Sony has not done so. I had a new battery for € 160.00 pay. I have not done so and now every time I plug in the power to do on my Vaio to operate.

This is really unacceptable just talk to the Sony representative and he is telling me the 2.5 hours is excellent battery life for a Vaio SA. And about the 5 to 7 hour is only achievable when the laptop is in standby mode or hibernate mode , that really ridiculous

I have no idea what I am getting without the my slice battery because I have had it connected at the entire times up to now. I am getting about 8-9 hours with slice battery, speed mode, complete brightness, quite stable web surfing as well as word processing.