Thread: Blackberry 9900 Unlocked will not recognize SIM

Blackberry 9900 Unlocked will not recognize SIM

I don’t know whether anyone has a solution for this problem or not. Recently I have bought a BB 9900 from eBay as unlocked. Problem is that it doesn’t able to recognize any SIM at all. No matter what SIM I put into it. I just get No SIM inserted. I have gone through several forums to get problem information. This is indeed unlocked but don’t know whats the problem. Any suggestion?

Re: Blackberry 9900 Unlocked will not recognize SIM

The question may sound silly, but these 100% sure your equipment is released?
    • On the BlackBerry, go to Options> Advanced Options> Sim Card.
    • When you're in that window type in MEPD not going to see anything when you're typing the letters type in a box at the end D will appear.

All entries in the box should say "Off" if one reads "On" or "Locked" your BlackBerry is locked to any carrier and you cannot activate the service with another until the computer is unlocked or released (The Band)

When your terminal does not recognize the SIM card may be due to various causes. The card reader is damaged or incomplete: Sometimes when taking out the SIM card is housed in the socket where we do not care enough and can damage the plastic around or any of the electrical contacts. If this happens we will probably not be detected card and display "Insert SIM" or appear to the terminal fails to detect the card and PIN if set to ask us again.

My terminal does not recognize any other Sim card if: This may be due to 2 main reasons the first could be that my terminal is anchored to a specific operator or a particular type of card and we are putting a different one. The second reason could be an incompatibility with the card in question; my recommendation here is that you contact your operator for you to replace the card.