Thread: Blackberry 9900 Bluetooth drivers for tethering in Windows 7

Blackberry 9900 Bluetooth drivers for tethering in Windows 7

There is no way I can communicate the BB 9900 with Windows 7 OS. It seems to me that it is lacking with drivers. I am using laptop with Windows 7 installed. The phone does not able to recognize in computer. When doing the diagnostics, the system shows me that driver install error.

I have good data plan and I can hard tether with any devices. Do you think that is there any driver or Bluetooth driver which will allow me to connect to the PC and tether?

Re: Blackberry 9900 Bluetooth drivers for tethering in Windows 7

Recently I have read somewhere that vendor Bluetooth drivers won’t work. You have to get the Microsoft one instead for windows 7. You can get these drivers from the Windows update. So make sure that your computer is connected to the internet and have enabled the automatic update.

I checked out, but from "outside" look the same, so I think it's a compatibility problem with Windows 7. Incidentally I tried it on two computers with Windows 7 and in both cases I get the same error.

At this point I would like to know if anyone under Windows 7 is able to use the BB as a modem and you as he did, but I cannot find anything around.

I once installed interim Lenovo drivers (suggested by the Windows 7 problem solving). After that though, the yellow exclamation mark is gone and I even had the opportunity to choose from a PC or to take calls with a mouse click, but the connection to the desktop software (for synchronization) could be produced only via USB cable. Meanwhile, the Lenovo driver is uninstalled, but a Bluetooth connection still seems impossible: I have the BB while connected, but in the desktop software is not a connected device is displayed.

If the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is installed, a standard modem can be found in the Device Manager. The modem is connected to a RIM of the two COM ports. It binds to its BlackBerry via Bluetooth; it will also create a modem automatically. This can then be used for dial-up connection. What is missing is an init string, which varies by provider. Differ in principle, only the last entry that is in fact the APN is to be used. Thus, preparations are completed and there is only a dialup connection. The setup is really simple: standard dial-up connection and enter a phone number * 99 #. Username and password blank. Whether the BlackBerry via USB or Bluetooth is connected: The desktop manager must be running in the background.

First of all we must clarify that BlackBerry Bridge and Internet Tethering are two different connectivity modes available on the BlackBerry Playbook tablet, and it is not exactly the same thing. The tethering of the BB phone works with any computer that can connect via Bluetooth (not necessarily have to be a BlackBerry), while BlackBerry Bridge requires only connection with a BlackBerry smartphone.

As far as I know that the connection between the two devices takes place on a wireless, only based on the Bluetooth connection, and while this kind of "jumper" is active, the tablet becomes a kind of external terminal BlackBerry smartphone itself, since both have the same information, as its name suggests, makes a "bridge" channeling of each other. Applications have been upgraded thinking they have to look good from the screen of the tablet, and all that was contemplated at the time of the creation of the service.