Thread: Unable to adjust brightness on DEll XPS 15 L502X

Unable to adjust brightness on DEll XPS 15 L502X

In my Dell XPS 15 L502X laptop I have windows 7 operating system. Suddenly my laptop started giving me problems. Brightness bar has suddenly disappeared from the display. Now I am not able to adjust brightness. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to adjust brightness on DEll XPS 15 L502X

First I will suggest you to check whether you are able to adjust brightness with the help of function +F4 and F5 keys or not? you have mentioned that this problem has started suddenly and that is why I would like to tell you to perform system restore in your laptop and then see whether it makes any difference or not?

Same problem was occurred with my Dell laptop also and after that I have tried to search solution on internet but I didn’t find anything, I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling display drivers with no luck. After that I have come to know that Teamviewer is causing this problem. then I have uninstalled Teamviewer from my laptop and then my problem get solved. if you have installed Teamviewer in your laptop then this solution will work for you. While uninstalling Teamviewer you have to check remove custom setting option, after uninstalling that you have to restart your laptop and after restarting your laptop problem will get solved.

Yes Teamviewer can cause this problem. Because when you install Teamviewer at that time it installed monitors for additional options and due to those drivers this problem occurs as it breaks windows brightness adjustment ability.

I have tried to fix this problem by reinstalling display drivers in my laptop but after doing that also I was getting same problem. I am not using Teamviewer laptop. I have tried to FN+ F4 key and F5 key but that didn’t make any difference. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodward View Post
    I have tried to fix this problem by reinstalling display drivers in my laptop but after doing that also I was getting same problem. I am not using Teamviewer laptop. I have tried to FN+ F4 key and F5 key but that didn’t make any difference. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.
    I will suggest you to download Dell QuickSet version A02 11.0.10 and install in your laptop. After installing that in your laptop your problem will get solved. you can download Dell QuickSet version A02 11.0.10 from official site of the Dell or you can download it by clicking on the below download button.

DOWNLOAD

I have downloaded Dell QuickSet version A02 11.0.10 and installed in my laptop. Now after installing Dell QuickSet version A02 11.0.10 in my laptop I was able to adjust brightness. Thank you for providing me solution.