Thread: LG spectrum signed Firmware Flashing

LG spectrum signed Firmware Flashing

hello guys, I am with working of LG spectrum and as I am a technical guy , needed some information regarding the Flashing of LG spectrum signed Firmware . can you be able to provide some information regarding the same. I know that it’s a risky thing , but I am aware of all the things and I am more concerned here regarding the final steps as flashing the cab actually will delete the recovery partition previous to flashing the new one. So please suggest me something regarding this one.

Re: LG spectrum signed Firmware Flashing

Yes, you are able to perform this one and I will provide some information regarding the same . so the tools needed are
    • LG Update tool from LG site
    • .cab file containing your firmware
    • Unified Verizon Drivers from LG Site or from your phone.

Here is the actual process by which you are able to Flash LG spectrum.
    1. You need to first charge your battery to full, not just 80% or so.
    2. Then you need to run the driver package and allow it run its course. after that set phone to Debug mode and confirm all extra drivers install properly. If you have adb on your PC, you are able to test your connection by running ADB shell along with seeing if your phone connects properly.
    3. You need to then move to the Windows Device Manager along with then disable the device under Modems and then LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Modem.
    4. You also require to remove your battery and remove your memory card.
    5. Then reboot your phone in "Download Mode"

Hello guys as you are interested in flashing the phone you also need to perform the below steps .
    1. I highly advise by making use of the official cable that came with the phone when doing a flash and not being on as well as USB hubs.
    2. You need to extract KP500 tool into a directory .
    3. You need to move your .cab file to the similar directory.
    4. Then you require to run your KP500 file as administrator.
    5. Then have a selection of the "Flash with assistance (file .cab) Phone Model = VS920.
    6. Then you require to input the full path to your cab file as well as .CAB at the end
    7. Also input the full file name of your cab not including the Cab .
    8. You need to watch as the LG update tool pops up. It will most probable tell you that your phone is disconnected. This is usual and to be predictable.
    9. Finally you need to Click Restart.

I have some more information in this case and I will provide with you he same. at present if you did something incorrect with driver setup or not disabling the modem driver, you will receive a page error. If you did it right, you will receive a percentage indicator which will tend to go past 15%. After some time a message will go by concerning "model dll message not found". This is usual.

You need to wait for your phone to finish flashing and allow it reboot on its own. I did not do a factory reset furthermore the whole thing came back as it was, but with a new firmware version. You may desire to do a factory reset to be on safer mode .

There are some guys which try to Root and I need to say that at this point, this is not a good means to attempt and inject root. The cause behind this is that during the flashing process the LG update tool you need to initially extracts the cab file into three files. so ypu wil find a dll(dyanamic link libraray), a wdb (main file) , as well as a wdh (manifest)and from the sources, you need to extracts the wdb file into a bin file. While I have been able to locate a appropriate file to extract as well as make an replacement with su in this bin file, I have not discovered a way to "unhook" the bin from LGupdate and then "rehook" the new file. Attempts to do no matter which without unhooking the file will tend to definitely give you an error message regarding the file being in use.