Thread: Need to recover from bricked LG spectrum phone?

Need to recover from bricked LG spectrum phone?

Well I am stuck in a very bad situation I hope after looking at the title you might have understood what I am talking over here, so do tell me what is the way to get out and come to the stock mode. Guys really need your help on this one and I would be happy to hear it from you all on this one.

Waiting for your help guys.

Re: Need to recover from bricked LG spectrum phone?

Hey don’t worry I have got a solution for you.

- Get the LG support tool from here
    - Now pull the battery out and replace the battery hold down vol up + vol down, keep holding them until you insert the usb cable.
    - Now its time to run the support tool from where you got the website.
    - Now in the LG Mobile Support Tool you will have to click on customer support and then click on recovery phone.
    - Now select the appropriate model number of the phone input all the other details that it will be asking you for an example it will ask for the imei number do add them.
    - Now if everything goes well then a pop up will come up confirming about the information and then you will have to download a software which is 800MB.
    - Run that software and you would be able to run a phone which is a factory fresh phone.

Dude I think this is the most perfect solution that I have come across but many people have reported problems while performing this steps in case if they are not able to run the software in their phone or of the tool does not detects their phone while running the tool. That means some problem with your phone only. Advisable to show it to the LG service center.

Hey I have a query over here. I haven’t bricked the phone but I want to know how can I put my phone back to the stock mode? I have tried the above solution but while downloading the recovery software the tools says that I have the current software so no need to worry but still I want the phone in the stock mode, any idea how would I be able to do that? That’s what I want to know from you all? Any replies for this one then do respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    Hey I have a query over here. I haven’t bricked the phone but I want to know how can I put my phone back to the stock mode? I have tried the above solution but while downloading the recovery software the tools says that I have the current software so no need to worry but still I want the phone in the stock mode, any idea how would I be able to do that? That’s what I want to know from you all? Any replies for this one then do respond.
    Dude you will have to perform a force recovery for the same. well it’s a very complicated procedure to perform I hope somebody over here would be able to help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Python$ View Post
    Here are the following things that you need to have before performing the steps
    1) KP500
    2) LG update tool
    3) .cab file which contains your firmware

Now lets get started

- First of all Run the driver package. After having run that package then sen the phone to Debug mode and ensure that all the drivers are properly installed or not.

- Now go to the windows device manager disable all the devices that are under modem.

- Now you can remove the battery as well as the memory card of your phone.

- Reboot the phone in download mode. I hope you must be knowing how to do that, if not then refer the above steps given in first solution.

- It is advisable to use the official cable that came with the phone while performing the flash operation.

- Extract KP500 tool and place it in a certain directory say C:\KP500, now if you have to cab file of the firmware then you can move it to the same directory.

- Now try running the C:\KP500 with the administration rights.

- Select "Flash with assistance, enter the phone model number.

- Also input the full name of the cab file with .cab at the end and one that is without .cab

- Now the LG phone tool will pop up that will ask for restart. Click on that.

- The LG tool will go and extract the cab file as well as the .bin file. If everything works out perfectly well then you will get a indicator message with "model dll message not found”. Don’t worry that’s absolutely fine.

- Do wait till you can completely flash up your phone. allow it to reboot.
    You will be able to get a new firmware version with this. I know that steps given here are quite complicated but if you follow it thoroughly it will work out for you.