Thread: Does Droid xyboard 10.1 wifi have a active micro sd slot?

Does Droid xyboard 10.1 wifi have a active micro sd slot?

Very much in hurry to buy Motorola’s Droid Xyboard wifi but have certain doubts and question regarding the same. I am planning to buy it from Verizon but heard that Verizon version does not have a micro sd slot but as far as I have learnt about it, there is a place existing for it.
    As the wifi is not going to have the sim slot so therefore definitely they have to do something in order to utilize the space. So can anyone let me know whether this device have a active micro sd slot.

re: Does Droid xyboard 10.1 wifi have a active micro sd slot?

As according to my knowledge I guess if you check out the specifications the US xyboard wifi version does not have an SD card slot. If you have been told that there is a sd slot existing on Verizon version then simply believe that its nothing but just a rumor.
    I guess there is only a space provided for the micro sim or just sim but no empty slot is being provided for an sd card.

I am really very much annoyed with the fact that there is no sd slot available in the device. For a normal user like us the verizon’s high cost data plans makes justifying the LTE model difficult. Is there anyone how can image such a tablet running a LTE network but just have been restricted to a limited and unreasonable data storage. Sure 2GB of the data transfer is going out within no time.
    If personally asked me, each month I uses over 5gb on Sprint's slow 3G network surfing and listening to pandarona. I would simply try to load up the tablet’s local storage with sufficient music and multimedia contents as possible to advert data usage. By this the user will easily have almost 100GB of usable space between the 64GB Xyboard and a 32 gb mico sd card.

Everything is about the market alignment. If you recollect the xoom has an SD card slot and the users however prefer smaller and lighter devices like galaxy tab and ipad. So therefore xyboard is comparatively smaller, lighter and also now available with up to 64gb of internal storage and no such expansion.
    Also on both 8.2 and 10.1 xyboards the camera connection kit is supported and therefore I believe that would support card readers, USB drives cameras, Ethernet etc. so even if there is no slots you can still go for this much cheaper big flash drive and the camera connection kit and ultimately you will end up having a storage expanded.

Also on both 8.2 and 10.1 xyboards the camera connection kit is supported and therefore I believe that would support card readers, USB drives cameras, Ethernet etc. so even if there is no slots you can still go for this much cheaper big flash drive and the camera connection kit and ultimately you will end up having a storage expanded.
    I am simply able to use the camera connection kit in order to connect a USB key, I get a mount comment on the screen which makes it readily viewable in astro file manager.
    The conclusion is that there is no SD card slot but surely a expandable memory is available.