Thread: Viber does not compatible fully with LG Spectrum

Viber does not compatible fully with LG Spectrum

From the past few months I have been using the viber app with my old android phones. It is actually a VOIP app which will allow you send free test messages and make calls to others who have installed the same app on their phone. But now viber does not seem to work well on LG spectrum. The problem is I can hear the sound from other person but they cannot. I tried it by plugging headset but still they don’t hear anything from me. Does anyone know why?

Re: Viber does not compatible fully with LG Spectrum

I don’t think that viber has been test thoroughly on this specific device. As you know that LG spectrum is a new device and most of the apps are still not tested with this phone. So before downloading you always have to clarify that whether the app is compatible with the device or not. However now I heard that there is a new version of Viber 2.1.3 is available to download. You can try this one.

It seems to me like problem with the mic or something like that. The volume might be too low in that app. Otherwise the headset which you have connected either not compatible with your phone or the app itself. First check the mic and voice in skype. If there you can converse properly, then it should not give any problem with the viber. However if you have installed the viber from somewhere else, I urge you to uninstall it and install directly from the Android market.

After testing Viber with several contacts, I note that this application VOIP (voice over IP) does not work with all operators. The mobile operators see a dim view of the arrival of all these VOIP applications because they represent a potentially significant shortfall. Traditionally, operators make their living on selling packages called "Voices". Their entire "business model" based on voice plans. Specifically, when you purchase a subscription contract, you choose a package 1h, 2h, 3h or more. It is indeed time communication. But since the arrival of the mobile Internet and especially the development of mobile type "smartphone" market, which make navigation easier on the mobile Internet, or transfer "data" have established themselves a bit self- same operators.

If you read more closely the general terms and conditions of your contract mobile, you will see that the use of VOIP is banned. So it seems a priori that Viber works very poorly, because these operators may have decided to simply cut off access to this "service" or at least not to allow that it is accessing the 3G network. Whence this strange feeling we have when we call a contact Viber and our call is ringing but no answer!

If both phones have a good Internet connection, the call quality is actually much better. In poorer Internet connection such as EDGE, it starts to crackle on the line and the voices sound muffled. With just one push of a button you can simply switch to a normal telephone connection from your provider.

To ensure that Viber working properly, do not forget to visit prior to Settings, Notifications, then select Viber and enable all three options, Sounds, Alerts, Pastilles. Obviously your audience will do the same on their side! Viber running through sending and receiving data, if any of these options is not selected you and your partner, you may not be able to call or be reached. This could solve your problem but it is not certain, and if that still does not work, it means that your provider has blocked this application.

Whenever you use viber, it is necessary that you should keep in mind 3 potential problems:
    • The quality of the wireless network or 3G, which can affect the operation of the application.
    • The fact that our version of Viber is not updated or need to restart the application.
    • The fact that operators may have blocked access to Viber their 3G network.