Thread: Where can i get Wireless 5620 Mobile Broadband mini card driver for Dell Studio 1737?

Where can i get Wireless 5620 Mobile Broadband mini card driver for Dell Studio 1737?

It seems like I have pulled myself into a big problem by purchasing this Wireless 5620 Multi-Mode Gobi Mobile Broadband Mini-Card for my Dell Studio 1737. My initial mini card was physically broken, so therefore I purchased a new one two days ago.

But now after installing this card into my dell system, it shows me in the device manager that the device driver is missing and need to install it. But from morning onwards I am unable to get the driver for this card that suits my laptop. Can anyone provide me with a proper link or place from where I can download and install the necessary driver?

Re: Where can i get Wireless 5620 Mobile Broadband mini card driver for Dell Studio 1737?

This is the 2nd week I have been in search for the same thing which you are unable to get. There are no such places left for me where I didn’t check for the driver. I do not understand why exactly I am not getting it easily.

Before when I was buying the Wireless 5620 card I repeatedly checked the on net and also got confirmed from the care center that this part is very much compatible with my laptop. Also when I checked the compatibility list, I was able to see my laptop’s name listed in the table.

Re: Where can i get Wireless 5620 Mobile Broadband mini card driver for Dell Studio 1737?

If you check out the Dell official site you might easily get the drivers. There is no such things that are related to the Dell product and you won’t be getting from the Dell site. Make a proper search; surely you will get the link for the required driver.

Didn’t you get the driver CD along with the mini card which you purchased from the shop or anywhere else?

Didn’t you get the driver CD along with the mini card which you purchased from the shop or anywhere else?
    For your kind information let me tell you that there were no CDs provided to me along with the card. At the time of delivery even I thought the same thing but then when I unpacked the box I didn’t find any CD available in it which was quite surprising for me and now very much annoying.

It’s not that there are no drivers available for this Wireless 5620 Mobile Broadband Mini-Card, there are actually some four to five drivers available on internet but to my surprise when I tried to install them, those drivers were only specific to particular models and those models were Alienware, Latitude, Precision Mobile Workstations, etc.

Knowing that those drivers were not compatible or meant of my laptop I downloaded them purposely and tried to install on my machine but then I ended up getting the similar error with each installation. The error message stated “UNABLE TO VALIDATE MODEL”.

After spending multiple days and nights sitting on computer and telephone in search of an appropriate driver I found it. You can download the driver from here, Studio 1737 drivers.

Hey why don’t you try out the Latitude driver? I have found one from the Dell site, and its working quite will in my laptop supporting my system well. Along with it I have also found certain information stating that, either Dell Connection Manager or Dell Mobile Broadband Utility has to be downloaded and then installed if you need to use the Dell Wireless 5620 after downloading and installing it.

So make sure that once you download the driver you are supposed to install either Dell Connection Manager or Dell Mobile Broadband Utility onto your system for smooth function.

Let me tell you that I have already tried out the driver which you have mentioned. I installed Latitude driver the first time when I was searching for the appropriate driver and unfortunately the driver didn’t work in my machine. The issue was that the installation file was supposed to verify the model of my laptop before proceding for the further installation and therefore landed up in the same error message as already mentioned above i.e. “UNABLE TO VALIDATE MODEL”.

Quite interesting to see that whenever I try to login to my own account I am offered the Gobi 5620 card as one of the upgrade suggestion for my laptop. This is what confusing me and also left me with no idea why exactly they have made it so difficult just to get a proper driver. And due to this reason till now I have not yet installed the connection manager just because I am unable to install the proper driver.

Better we should contact the support center for this issue and let them know about it, ask them for the refund or setup an exchange for the card that is going to work with your system.