Thread: IPad 3 internet sharing option is not visible even if mobile operator supports it

IPad 3 internet sharing option is not visible even if mobile operator supports it

Currently I have bought a new iPad 3 with Wi-Fi + 4G. when started using it, I have noticed that the 3G connection sharing option is not visible. I am talking about internet sharing option here from ipad 3 to PC's via wifi connection. I have looked into both, in main setting menu and General > Network. But no where I could find this option. I know that my carrier settings and mobile operator support it. Any solution?

Re: IPad 3 internet sharing option is not visible even if mobile operator supports it

It sounds like you cannot, if you could, because what you do not know to be between two Apple products, i.e. two iPhone, an iPhone and iPad, etc.... Another thing would be to put the iPad as an access point for other devices. Unfortunately it does not work with any provider.... (T-Mobile users there where it works - but that chance is very small), AND it might be that additional fees may apply! Perhaps wise to first ask your provider!

Re: IPad 3 internet sharing option is not visible even if mobile operator supports it

Maybe your data rate does not support this option; your operator could detect and block access. If you look in settings / general / use / mobile network, down from just above reset all statistics, there is an option that says: data from the shared connection. The Ipad can discriminate these data and also your operator.