Thread: Dell Dock is not working with Dell Studio 1737 (Windows 7)

Dell Dock is not working with Dell Studio 1737 (Windows 7)

I have been using Dell Studio 1737 and have recently installed Windows 7 on the same and I am not having any such issues but then I have found that after installing Windows 7 the Dell Dock is not working, I have tried several drivers from Dell Dock from the official website but then they did not helped, I am not getting any error message as well.

Re: Dell Dock is not working with Dell Studio 1737 (Windows 7)

I have been using Dell Studio 1737 and have recently installed Windows 7 on the same and I am not having any such issues but then I have found that after installing Windows 7 the Dell Dock is not working, I have tried several drivers from Dell Dock from the official website but then they did not helped, I am not getting any error message as well.
    Hey you can try out the below Dell Dock driver and see if it is helping, just check it out and then let me know what response you get.
    Dell Dock Application

Hey thanks for the same but then I have checked it out, the driver seems to be helping out but then I have checked out the compatibility information and my version has not been mentioned there, I don’t know how come it is working out for me, I have not found it to be mentioned as compatible with Windows 7. Do you have an idea about this?? I mean the cause of this issue??

If you want then you can try out the below drivers and see if they are helping
    Dell dock driver
    The link that I have posted is the latest version that is being offered by dell and it is supported by XP, Vista, and Windows 7 if you want then you can try it out, I have found some complaining that the desktop shortcuts into the dock is not working and if you face the same then just right-click the dock and then select the Advanced Settings and check out the Settings under Settings Data, you might have to certain shortcuts to the desktop son as to get it working, so just try it out and see if it is making any difference.

I have tried it out and it seems to be working after your advice but then only with some shortcuts, I don’t think that all desktop shortcut are meant to be substituted into the dock, the other thing I wanted to share is that the effect is just irreversible, I mean that after placing the shortcuts in the dock when I am dragging them back to the desktop then it is resulting in deletion of shortcuts, I am really disappointed as the dock is not capable of working with Window 7 even after being a great application, I really hope to see it working with an update, I will try out the dock application with other Dell as well as non-dell system but then I just wanted to know if there is any other solution for my case?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

I am having the same issue as I have upgraded my dell Studio 1537 to Windows 7 Home Pro 64-bit, I was using 64 bit Vista Home Pro previously, even I have tried downloading it from the above mentioned site but when I am trying to install it appears as if the installation was successful but later I get the below error message:
    "Could not access network location \Dell\Delldock\SWE"
    Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving it?

In that case you all can try out installing other version of dell dock, if not then try it out, I have recently tested out the DellDock on other Dell as well as on non-Dell as well and it was just running fine, make sure that you are uninstalling the one that you might have just installed, I have used Delldock15d_setup_ENG.exe and it is 13107KB so make sure that you are getting the same, just try it out and then post back the result that you get with it.