Thread: How to remove Bing as the default browser search engine in LG Spectrum?

How to remove Bing as the default browser search engine in LG Spectrum?

I am looking forward for some methods which will help me in removing the Bing as the default search engine from the phone. I don’t like bing at all and whenever I open up the browser bing comes as a default search engine in it. is there some setting in the browser that I can change? I would like to know how can we all do that, if you all have any ideas for the same then do share your views with me it would be better for me. This phone is very much new to me. So getting adjusted to the settings would be difficult.

Re: How to remove Bing as the default browser search engine in LG Spectrum?

Rooting would be the only solution for you my friend. However there is a googls search app in the phone which you can use it for the searching purpose if you don’t like bing as the search engine in the phone. if you want to remove bing as a default search engine in the browser then root the phone, that’s the only solution or you.

Dude why don’t you look out for the different browser in the phone, probably a Skyfire it employs Google as the default search engine in it. so you can use that as an alternative option if you don’t like the in built browser in the phone. I hope that’s clear for you.

Its really surprising to see a android phone which has some many apps has bing as the default search engine in it. well I tried removing it but it was not possible there was no such options in the browser to change the default search engine. So basically the option that you have in front of you is to use a different browser that has Google as the default search engine and the other options is rooting the phone and then changing the default search engine. I think the first option would be a better choice for you.