Thread: Solution for iPad 3 excessive temperature?

Solution for iPad 3 excessive temperature?

Few days ago I have received an iPad3 by UPS. Previously I was using the ipad 2. I used it for one hour when I first got it in my hand. But I suddenly noticed that it is getting hot quickly. Now it happens daily. I assume that this issue is not only with me. Hope Apple will consider any solution for this problem.

Re: Solution for iPad 3 excessive temperature?

The fact is, the iPad 3 heated indeed. According to measurements, the new iPad 3 releases up to 7c higher than the iPad 2 on certain uses. To get a better idea, you should get the temperature measurements of the iPad 3. Our measurements were performed in an ambient temperature of 22.3 c with an infrared thermometer.

Apple terminals are often tested, analyzed, taken apart like no other competing product. The overheating problems new iPad 3 still monopolize media attention. Overheating real than the iPad 2 that we had already observed in our test video of the iPad and occasionally resulting in discomfort especially gaming. Since the release, the tablet from Apple raises many questions. After the high definition screen and weight of dedicated apps that would explode their weight, it is now overheating of the iPad is a problem.

First of all note that, even if a defect is unexpected for consumers, the temperature is within limits set by Apple. Obviously, given its capabilities far beyond the second generation tablet, the New iPad "eats" more, and thus produces more heat: Remember who owns a screen and a network chip LTE much more demanding in terms energy. The New iPad, moreover, is equipped with a battery much more capacious and a very high resolution (for the greatest number of pixels), coupled to an intense backlight. All of these reasons, go to justify the increase of about 2.5 times the temperature. In any case, even if the overheating more annoying, the new battery is able to support the same as runtimes despite all the work that has to do.

Apparently, in fact, the real flaw of the 'iPad 3 would be too hot, probably because of a processor is much more powerful than its predecessors, and especially for the size of the battery. So far there is no alternative solution for this overheating issue and apple is also reported that their new devices do not overheat much. It just a normal temperature and the body of the ipad 3 which makes you feel like excess heat.

We believe that if the iPad is not burning, past the hour mark and with nearly 38c measured at the hottest point it becomes uncomfortable for the hold hands, it is a fact. The only solution we have found to reduce this discomfort is to use the Smart Cover unfolded to cover the back of the new iPad.