Thread: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error in Dell Inspiron 1520

Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error in Dell Inspiron 1520

I have Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with windows Vista and I am facing problem with Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. in my laptop in am not able to connect and if I look in the device manger at that time Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error in Dell Inspiron 1520

I will suggest you try to solve this problem with the help of this solution. You have to first go to the device manger in your Dell Inspiron 1520 and then you have to look for the Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card under wireless adapter and right click on that and select uninstall. After uninstalling that you have to restart your laptop. Now when your laptop starts again at that time it will shows new hardware detected message and then try to install the drivers automatically. It may also ask for driver installation disc. After installing the drivers in your laptop you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not? Many times reinstalling the device can fix this type of issues.

Re: Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card shows "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error in Dell Inspiron 1520

According to me you should change the antenna diversity of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card from Auto to aux and after changing it you have to try to connect to internet and then check whether your problem get solved or not? as far as I know after changing the antenna diversity of Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card your problem will get solved.

in my laptop I am also having Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card and I having similar problem with my laptop. In above solution you have mentioned that I have to change antenna diversity of wireless card but I don’t know how to that. Please provide me instruction for this. Thank you.

If you don’t know about how to change the antenna diversity of wireless card then you have to follow these steps.

• First right click on my computer.
    • Select properties.
    • Open device manager.
    • Double click on the Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
    • Select advanced.
    • Change antenna diversity to aux.
    • Click on ok.

There was same problem occurred with my Dell laptop also and then I have first tried to solve this problem by reinstalling drivers in my laptop but that does not helped me to solve this problem. Now after that my friend suggest me to change the antenna diversity of wireless card and then my problem get solved. You can also try this solution.

I have tried to solve this problem by reinstalling drivers in my laptop but that does not make any difference. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the antenna diversity in my laptop but after doing that also I was experiencing same problem. I have also uncheck power option for wireless card in my laptop with no luck.

If anyone have solution regarding this problem then please help me out.

You should set the startup type of the WLAN AutoConfig to automatic and then restart your laptop and then check whether your problem gets solved or not? According to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

To set WLAN AutoConfig startup type as automatic you have to follow these steps.
    • First type services.msc in start menu search box.
    • Hit enter.
    • Look for the Wired AutoConfig and double click on it.
    • Now you have to change service startup type to automatic.
    • Restart laptop.

I was also having similar problem with my laptop and then I have came to know that I have set Wired AutoConfig start up type to automatic and then my problem get solved. you should also try to solve this problem with help of this solution.